cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment problem when the J2ee engine is changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed some web dynpro applicaitons and deployed it on a J2ee engine. Now we have got a new box and I want to migrate all of these application on the new box.

I have re-imported all the Adaptive RFC models and all the function modules are available on the new box.

When I deploy the application on the new J2ee engine, I get the following error.

Version:

SAP NW 2004s SP15

NWDS 7.0

xRPM 4.5

Error Description:

May 14, 2008 12:49:50 AM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager)

ThreadDeploy Thread,5,main ERROR:

008Deployment aborted

Settings

SDM host : BS307

SDM port : 50718

URL to deploy : file:/C:/DOCUME1/SMULLA1/LOCALS~1/Temp/2/temp20045SempraDemo4.5.ear

Result

=> deployment aborted : file:/C:/DOCUME1/SMULLA1/LOCALS~1/Temp/2/temp20045SempraDemo4.5.ear

Aborted: development component 'SempraDemo4.5'/'local'/'LOKAL'/'0.2008.05.14.00.49.36'/'0':Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application local/SempraDemo4.5.. Reason: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application local/SempraDemo4.5. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine?; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application local/SempraDemo4.5. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine? (message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Deployment exception : The deployment of at least one item aborted

Thank you,

Vasu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subramanya,

We have faced this probelm lot many times and solution was this,

Go to default trace file after you get this error.

default trace file will be under /usr/sap/<SID>/JCxx/j2ee/cluster/server0/log

Find the error with the "Exception ID" displayed in teh error message.

You will find that,the component whcih is not getting deployed will have an "Hard reference" to some other component.

Undeploy that component using SDM.

After that try re-deploying the component which was throwing error.it will get deployed.

Regards

Usha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vasu,

Based on the error message below...

"Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine"

...it seems as if something is missing. Could you have a dependency issue? This code is referring to another component that has not been deployed?

Best Regards,

Jason