cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

filter a lookup table in mdm data manager

0 Kudos

Hi MDM gurus,

I'm new on MDM and I'm trying to figure out how to filter a lookup table with a field value in data manager.

In my main table I have a referred lookup table where a field could be valued 'X' or null.

In the Data Manager Record Detail Tab, while I'm managing Main Table records, is it possible to display only the records that they don't have 'X' value?

Thanks in advance for any help.

SB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible using Drill-Down Search where each tab corresponds to lookup field in the main table.

For example, a field say xyz in main table is lookup to sub table, field xyz has two values say X and Y, so corresponding to X the records which are associated with it will be displayed under search Parameters in MDM Data Manager.

For more Detais refer link as:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/e0615f82b40a2ee10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Rewards if helpful....

Mandeep Saini

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One way to do this is as Mandeep explained. Go into the MDM Console, select the link to the lookup table in the main table, and make sure that Search Tab is set to Yes. If this is the case, then when you are in the data manager, you will see a search column on the left hand side of the screen (search parameters) that says the name of your lookup table. If you select it you are given search options which include the values in the table. If there are records in your repository with a NULL value for that lookup table, then NULL will show up as a search option.

Alternatively you can use the Free-Form Search. The Free-Form Search lets you build an expression. Double click in the Expression field which will take you to the expression builder. You could use logic such as the following:

IS_NULL(lookup.[Record])