cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get R/3 IDoc number in XI (file->XI->R/3 IDoc)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to do something simple

In my scenario file->XI (SP14)->R/3 IDoc, I have to return the list of IDoc numbers to the sender external application.

So I use a BPM with steps: Receiver (from file adapter), Transformation (Grouping and Splitting) and Parallel Block.

In this block I have a Mapping (one message to IDOC) and Send step (to Idoc adapter).

Its works fine, but I have to know the R/3 IDoc number for each message in the block.

I tried to find solution in this forum but I didn’t find anything useful. Can you help me with any idea or link?

Regards,

Emil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you get some solution

Actually , we too have a similiar scenerio

We have file to IDOC scene and would like get status for records posted in R/3 back to XI

Message was edited by: Shikha Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Emil,

Check if sending back ALE Audit Log IDOC will solve your purpose.

Look at this blog.

/people/saravanakumar.kuppusamy2/blog/2005/01/20/configuration-tips-for-a-business-serviceintegration-process-to-send-back-ale-audit-idoc

regards,

Ravi

Note : Please reward the posts that help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your answer.

With help of this forum, our R/3 system already “knows” how to send ALEAUDIT back to the XI.

The problem comes after that.

I decide to waiting for application acknowledgment in Send step -> I don't know why, but a status 64 (IDoc ready to be transferred to application) is a error in XI ??? And after that my process is stopped. But I have to do a simple mapping with received message and send data to external application.

After that I tried to use correlation and receiver step : How to define correlation, when the only one thing is common in sending and receiving message – this is the XI IDoc number, but I don’t know this number in Sending step – may be this number is assigned from IDoc adapter after that ????.

Emil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Emil,

As far as my knowledge goes, I don't the IDOC number is given back to the adapter.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I saw a Payloads for acknowledgment message I found the IDoc number of ALEAUD IDoc, after that (as a second level segment) the XI IDoc number with the status 64 from R/3 and in the last segment was the R/3 IDoc number. So I want to use the last one in BPM. May be the problem is that I have a error and the process is stopped ... or may be I make a general mistake somewhere.

Emil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I was a little bit surprised. Is my question is stupid or complex or …?

I found something strange: In the error acknowledgment message in SOAP Header / Trace I saw that there was a runtime error:

<Trace level="1" type="B" name="CL_XMS_MAIN-RITE_MESSAGE_LOG_TO_PERSIST" />

<Trace level="1" type="T">Runtime exception return from pipeline processing! </Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">Persist Message in Stopped State</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="B" name="CL_XMS_MAIN-WRITE_MESSAGE_TO_PERSIST" />

</SAP:Trace>

The workflow status is still In Process.

Any idea what happened?

Regards,

Emil.