cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a database in SAP DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello sirs,

My name is Sudheesh and I am new to SAP WAS. I recently installed SAPNetWeaver04SneakPreviewSlimSP11. I have installed the Max DB also from the CD. But i don't know how to open the database Manager GUI for the same. I want to create a new database and want to create some table on it.

I tried to use dbmcli utility from the command prompt. -but it shows some error message as given below, "24941,ERR_NEEDLOGON: DBM Server logon required"

Is SQL Studio available with SAPNetWeaver04SneakPreviewSlimSP11. If yes how can i access it?

Kindly help,

Sudheesh K S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Opgenorth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Sudheesh,

for creating a new Database you can use the DBM GUI.

The setup for it is in the folder J2EE-CD\SAPDB\NT\SETUPS

To create a new database, you can use the wizard of the DBM GUI. (Username and password for the GUI should be DBM).

In the installation folder you can also find the setup for the SQL studio.

In the SQL studio you can connect to the new database with the user DBA.

To create a user which you can use to access the data from the server you have to execute the statement:

CREATE USER test PASSWORD test NOT EXCLUSIVE

Now you can create a dbpool in the server with the visual administrator. The url should be

jdbc:sapdb://<hostname>/<dbname>

and the driver class

com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.DriverSapDB

In the tab 'Additional' you have to choose 'Native SQL' or 'Vendor SQL'.

Hope this helps,

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir,

Thankyou very much for your support. It works fine. But i have some other doubts also. I shall be highly obliged if you share your knowledge regarding them also.

1. I have my current database database in MySQL 4. I would like to know whether any options are available to migrate the DB from MySQL to Max DB.

2. While mapping the persistant fields in the EJB to the fields in the database table; how can i retrieve the database table?(while defining the dictionary in Netweaver)?

3. How can i create a data source for my database?

The entire scenario is needed just because i am migrating a J2ee application from JBoss to SAP WAS. I am planning to create the DB first and then configure for each Entity beans.

Is this the right way?

Your help and suggestions are solicited.

Thank you,

Sudheesh K S