cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProjects and external ressources

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello community,

I would like to know how you are using external ressource (material and human ressources) in cProjects in the normal business? Are you using SRM and are you using CATS or the mm's "activity confirmation" to enter the working time?

What does a normal process looks like?

Thx in advance,

Max

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can add HR Master Resources using PFAL or create Business partners using Tcoed BP

For CATS you can refer to WIKI:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/HRCATScProject+Scenario

Niranjan

Let me knwo if it helps !!!

Award if you find information useful !!!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for the answer. Sounds good. One thing I didn't get. How to use CATS within this scenario? How to have an EMPNO for an external resource?

Thx, Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Max,

You can have an common id for all external resources.

External resource ll have ASP or JAVA or any other frontend which you ll have to get programmed..

He can have a USer ID (with BP mapped) and then using this ID (mapped to common id of SAP) and presetting Data Entry Profile and BP and other details, pass the data to CATS table for confirmations.

Function module which you can use is: BAPI_CATIMESHEETMGR_INSERT

Take help of ABAPer for Function module and JAVA developer who ll get you front end.

Niranjan

Let me know if it helps !!!

Edited by: Niranjan Dandekar on Jul 22, 2008 2:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use following steps in case of using CATS and MM.

Make External resources as a business partner in cProject by BP role as a contractor or if you are importing from HR then external resources can be classified by some specific no range.

Make resources as a Vendor in MM, You need to pay to them so raise PO and link to Internal order of cProjects. same will work for material too.

You will be able to see Project worklist and corresponding PO no in CATS with ref to EMPNO.

Resources has to fill the time against the activity and time can be transfer to cProject and MM from CATS which will help for paying to contractor and Projct costing.

There is possiblity by Using SRM too. Need to check for the same.

Regards,

Karan Hon.

Award if useful.