cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQLOD32W do not release its control handler.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a windows service, this windows service use MAXDB database and release the environment. When I shutdown the computer I have a GPF.

The address is <SQLOD32W BASE ADDRESS> + 0x86510.

I think this is a ControlHandler installed by SQLOD32W. This handler is not release when DLL_PROCESS_DETACH is called.

I can workaround the issue by installing my own ControlHandler, but do you know this is a known bug ?

Yann.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

TTK
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Yann,

there are some restrictions with the ODBC driver including 7.6, which probably will not be changed in the future.

Starting with SAP MaxDB 7.7 a new ODBC driver is available which was completely new written (basing on SQLDBC, our main low level interface). At the momen 7.7 is not available as download edition, but I can provide you with the [new ODBC driver|https://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=NFPSS6QZGWYKYJIYNFOTBO71ED9H0RWZG1OM4VUVOSOOO8E9ES].

Please use it as evaluation copy of the current MaxDB ODBC driver. If there are problems, please let me know.

The archive contains the ASCII and Unicode version and the trace tool of the new driver. For registration please use the odbcreg-tool of 7.6

odbcreg -i newMaxDB -p c:\MaxDB_ODBC77 -d sdbodbc.dll

Regards Thomas

TTK
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Since the old link is meanwhile deleted and MaxDB 7.7 is still not available, I refresh the download files:

[ODBC 7.7|https://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=Y6CMHGTYFK25IYS7GIQ99D6148CSIXHTJZGEGOXZGP9HFYMZGE]

Regards Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I use the version 7.6.3.0 Build 015-123-173-107.

I look in the last online source of MAXDB, sqlinit (vos01u.c) install a controlhandler, but I do not find where this handler is released.

Yann.

TTK
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Yann,

which version of the ODBC driver do you use?

Can you give an example to reproduce the problem?

Regards Thomas