cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SCM 4.0 and 5.0 comparison

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir,

Currently we are using SAP SCM 4.0. What are the highlighted points in DP and SNP for which we should go for SAP SCM 5.0.

Give important comparative points between 4.0 and 5.0 versions.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Vinit P. Deshmukh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my opinion there are many improvements between the SCM releases. For APO I think one common very big improvement is the possibility to easily add key figures into the live environment which allows for much improved running operations and data storage. For the other SCM components there are significant improvement in most parts, however I think it would make sense if you could detail your scope etc to make it possible to answer. In general I would also recommend having a close look at the release notes which will outline exectely what are looking for.

Hope this helps,

Fredrik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

amarnath_kathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah, as said above, it is better to go through tehe release notes for your requirements. There have been quite a few changes.

The following lists out a few.

You can make a few new settings for each key figure of a planning area.

Various new change modes in Macro Definitions are available.

You can use demand combination to compare forecast key figures of a planning book period by period according to certain criteria and then transfer the determined key figure values to a combined result key figure.

You enter only one fixed date per horizon (either the start date or the end date).

New and Changed Macro Functions.

Up to now, you only had limited access to the data of the time series data management (TSDM). As of SAP SCM 5.0, you can now also access TSDM data via DP planning areas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer the Release note scm 4.1 and SCM 5.0

DP related Rel note SCM5.0

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8c736222-0b01-0010-13a4-de0f8d11...

You can prepare list based on your business requirenment

Please check :