cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of a Custom SyncBO with standard MAU Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are running a standard MAU 3.0 application on our MI Client.

Now I have built a custom SyncBO, a Z-SyncBO.

Now I want to integrate this SyncBO with my standard application, so that they both are a part of one application.

Can it be done? If yes, Please give some suggestions as to how we can achieve it?

Thanks,

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

as Larissa alreay mentioned it is easy to enahnce your MAU application with further Z.... SyncBOs. There is only one comment I have to rais: the new installation of MI is not really necessary - at least in the last projects this was never necessary for me. All you need to do if you change anything on the Structure of the BO is to do a client data reset - the buttpon is available on the settings page of the client.

Once this is done, the client reads the new MEREPMETA.XML file form the applicaiton folder and gets the data for this structure from the middleware.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Oliver

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Does not work like this in our environment.

Unless new SyncBo is in merepmeta.xml in MAM.war filewhen it is first downloaded on the device we never can receive new SyncBo data.

We are on MI7.0 SP14 which isn't very old, so I wonder why it does not work in way you desribe, Oliver.... Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larissa,

to be honest - not really! I do it like this since the very first version of MI and it always works. Even When I switch BOs, turn them off, add new ones - whatever - I never have to install a new Version of MI because of this. I even do not uninstall/reassign the xMAM application to the test device most of the times. The long procedure that works for me is:

- create a new WAR filewith the new BO definition and upload to Webconsole/Mobile Admin

- unassign the actual xMAM version from the device

- Sync device so app gets removed and restart device

- assign new version to PDA and sync so it gets downloaded

- restart PDA

- sync to get data

While this is not really an option in development, I most likely do it like the following:

- create a new WAR file and place it into WEBAPPS folder of MI

- rename existing xMAM folder to xMAM_old_### (Where ### is a number to give me a history)

- restart MI

- do a client reset and ync

This procedure is much easier then the above one but even this one gives me the most actual data - even for new SyncBOs. It works as well on PDA and PC and for all MAM Versions I have in mind.

Well, if it does not work for you, we need to check what you do different.

Regards,

Oliver

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

I see, no miracles, you need to unstall/install MAM app. That is what I meant, app has to have the right xml file when it is first deployed.

I guess it is just a history experience: there was a time when unassign app didn't work properly so I am just used to and feel safer to uninstall MI and install new one with a device configuration....

Thanks for clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larissa,

sorry, there was a miss understanding - as you said: uninstall App, I thought you meant complete MI. :-$ Sorry, my fault.

On the other side - while you are in DEV system on local PC or local PDA, it is okay to rename the existing MAM folder and put the WAR file into the WEBAPPS folder. this saves you the upload of the new WAR file to the Webconsole, to uninstall the app with a sync, restart,reassign,sync,restart,..... procedure.

It is - at the end - as well a new installation of the App, but all you do is to replace the file, restart the PDA or MI and then do a client reset with a sync. And it leaves the Webconsole more clean.

But sorry for the missunderstanding.

Oliver

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

It is of course possible.

You need to add this new SyncBo in your mobile component (transaction MI_MCD), then generate a new merepmeta.xml file, put this file in your application war file and redeploy it on your device.

Keep in mind that you might need to reinstall MI: hen app is first deployed on the device MI registers a list of SyncBos (based on merepmeta.xml) requested by this mobileID and it can not be changed after. So you need to ensure that when you deploy your app this file should contain a new syncbo.

Also you need to generate (or create manually) all the classes to use you new SyncBo in the app (XXXManager, XXXItemXXX, etc.).

Regards,

Larissa Limarova

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to add this new SyncBo in your mobile component (transaction MI_MCD),

why has a standard xMAM 3.0 component no syncbos listed in mi_MCD? (MI 7.0 SP14)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, it is usually not necessary. As long as you do not change the MAM App, it will request the SyncBO it needs anyway based on its MEREPMETA.XML file and not on the BOs mentioned in its MCD. The only need to add these BOs to MCD is, when you change the BOs and need to download a new MEREPMETA.XML file to your device. So at the end it is only necessary to add these things into your MCD on DEV system.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Oliver

[www.placeworkers.com]