cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-axis values on Custom charts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Custom chart with the Pen Type as Line.

If I plot a numerical values as the X-axis, the X-axis ranges do not come as expected.

e.g. If my data comes as shown below and I am plotting column A on the X-axis, then the

X-axis labels would read as 6,8,5,4,3.

Column A

When I plot a Line Chart with the same data, the X-axis labels come properly in order(3,4,5,6,8).

If I do an explicit sort on the X-axis column, then the Custom Chart gets plotted correctly, but the requirement is such that I cannot do an explicit sort on the dataset.

Can anybody help me out on this?

Thanks,

Amrita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The chart will plot them in data set order, so that is what you need to address. If your dataset is coming from an SQLQuery then do your sorting in the query or procedure. For non-sql results consider using the GenericSortFilter.xsl as an InlineTransform in your query template, or the sort filter action block in BLS if your chart is being fed by an XacuteQuery.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you! I was looking for a confirmation that we would have to do an explicit sort on the query to take care of the problem...........you've solved my confusion!

Hi Mussarat,

The requirement was such that we could not do an explicit sort on the query.

Thanks,

Amrita

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

H Amrita,

Are you sure that the query is returning data in sorted order? Please check that.

Regards,

Musarrat