cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg Business System Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am trying to create a Technical System in my SLD for my ECC6.0 installation.The System got created and my problem is when i create my Business system out of it.When i try to create a Business System am not able to do so and i get an error as below:

"No products are defined for the selected technical system

Define the installed products in theTechnical System View "

Am on SAP Netweaver SP09 stack.

Can someone help me out.I want to create a Business system to use it in my XI Integration.

Regards,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan,

You need to assign componets to your technical system on "Technical System" configuration screen. To do so go to Home -> Technical Landscape -> [Click on the system which you'll add components] -> Under "Installed Products:" label click on "Add..." -> Add components -> save.

Since simplfy the process, I suggest that you call "RZ70" t-code on ERP system and register it on SLD, automatically. All the definitions will be performed on SLD, by this way.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Edited by: Orkun Gedik on May 26, 2008 11:53 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

as Orkun already stated: a business system needs reference to software components, and the easiest way is to use RZ70 in SAP ABAP system.

A disadvantage of RZ70 is that the product of the ABAP system is not transferred to the SLD, this has to be done manually in SLD afterwards. My experience is that this does not hinder to create a business system for a technical system that does not have an assignment to a product - so I have no clue why this error message is raised.

Regards, Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am trying to create a business system of my ABAP Technical System so that i can use the BS as a sender in my XI scenario.

As you both have explained i have used RZ70 to register my SAP ABAP System to my SLD.As Boris stated i don't see the products so that i could use thme in my BS.How to add the products manually to a technical system registered using RZ70.

I could create the Business System but am not able to use it as it doesn't have the products in it.

I need to solve this at the earliest.pls do help me out.

Regards,

Karthik

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

as you know, the product version has to be associated to the technical system.

The procedure for this depends on the version of the SLD:

7.0 / 7.1:

in the details view of the technical system, the tab "installed software" offers a button to assign a product.

XI 3.0:

in the detaisl view of the technical system, use the button "Add" nearby "Installed Products"

But I am afraid that these are things you already knew. Where does your error occur, in the SLD?

Why do you have to assign a product to the business system? It should be possible to use the business system even without that - or am I missing anything?

Regards, Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

Thanks for your reply.am going for a XI CNT certification for one of our products.In that i need to have a R3 System as a sender and the third party system will be our system.In order to bring in data from the R3 system i need to register my ECC6.0 system as a technical system (Sender) and create business system out of it to use the R3 System.

When i register with RZ70 from the R3 system my WEB AS ABAP System gets registered but are wothour products.When i click on Installed products on the left side i could see "All Software Components" and on the right side table i could see the Software component versions like

EA-RETAIL, 600 ALT on <host>

EA-RETAIL, 600 ALT on <host> etc

Am i missing any roles or am i not doing it in the proper manner.

Please help me out

Regards,

Karthik

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

so I assume your SLD is for XI 3, 0, isn't it?

Did you use the button "Add" nearby "Installed Products"

And at which state does the error occur?

(A business system can be imported to the integration directory even without that a product is assigned.)

Regards, boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

Thanks a lot that u r taking time solve my problem.I want to use the products inside the Business System created for my R3 System.So i need products assigned to them to be the case.since i'm not into administration i need some help configuring my SLD for this Scenario.If it will be of any use, can i send a screenshot of the problem where i'm facing problem in assigning the products to the TEchnical System ABAP(R3 System) to your mailid.I don't see the check boxes or the Add Button.Which role should be assigned to this SLD User.

To be frank if this gets solved am ready for taking up the product Certification.

I'm having my XI System as the SLD to which my SAP R3 ABAP System gets registered.

Regards,

Karthik