cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synch RFC call from .net appln to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are having a synch RFC scenario: .net <>XI <>ECC.

XI will basically will map these RFC calls from .net to ECC and get the response back to .net appln.

My questions are:

1. What are the details required by .net system to make a RFC call to XI?

2.Is the RFC connections happens using the Program Id and thru SAP gate away in this case? If yes then what will be SAP gateway?

Cheers,

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. U require the format of data to create the Interface objects

And the type of system to understand the type of adapter to be used e.g. SOAP for webservice call

2. No program id or gateway info required.

Regards,

Prateek

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Is it not possible to make a RFC call not the SOAP call from .Net to XI?

Regards,

Joe.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible. But the use of webservices would be easy

See this for non SAP related RFCs

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1093c7a4-369f-2910-dfb2-afd07f21...

Regards,

Prateek

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Hope you are doing well. I've few queries on the SDN post and looking out for your help on the same.

We've started implementing this approach (.Net to XI (via RFC Adapter)) and got some errors. Actually, I had set my XI IP as the server in the sender RFC communication channel. Is that correct? Or it shd be the ECC one?

And, it seems there are 4 SAPRFC.INI files in the .net side. Which one to modify?

Also, in SAPRFC.INI file, there's the field DEST=RFCCLIENTEXT, RFCCLIENTEXT any arbitrary string? or any specific value? Please let me know if there are any other settings that has to be done either from .Net/XI end.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Joe.

Answers (0)