cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Server - xi - ERP (DMS System)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, kindly go through the scenario and provide me a solution where i am running.

Actual Client System:

Client is running a java application which creates a Docnumber , DocType , Doc version in the ERP DMS system using JCO, but here no File checkin happens (Attachment to particular Docnumber)

So here XI should be used to checkin the Documnet present in the file System into the DMS system

Now:

1) Now the Sender File Adapter picks up the file from the filse Server and reads the file name of below format : DocumnetType_DocNumber_DocVersion 296501000_00_ .

2)Now i use the FM "BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKIN2" as target interface which get poulated by the Source interface which has filename, Doctype , Docnumber,Docversion is split with help of udf and some filds are given constant Mapping, for ex:File Path.

3)I executed this FM on erp(DMS) system, there is a paramter which ask for docpath - i give here the XI path or ERP system local path.this gets executed fine with puting file into DMS.

4)But when i run this with Receiver Adapter , checkin of file is not happening and in CC monitoring it shows green led for message processing with message id.

5)But i cannot see the doc checked in and no message in SXMB_MONI of the target system

Kindly help me out in this regards

with regards

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

I have few queries related to scenario :

So far as per my understanding you are using a java based application for creating external document no., ....etc

->-->3)I executed this FM on erp(DMS) system, there is a parameter which ask for docpath - i give here the XI path or ERP system local path.this gets executed fine with puting file into DMS.

I doubt over step no. 3 performed by you.

I guess if you can pass the file path(either in NFS or FTP protocol) name like other fields in the structure it will work.

BTW why don't you use the BDC upload.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Receiver end is : RFC Adapter (Recever) , here i have given the RFC login credentials of the backend system.

The target interface is : BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKIN2 here i have given the required inputs from source interface by soe udf and some elements are having constant mapping for instance : Docpath and Storage Category.

Parameters are shon below :

• CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKIN2'

• EXPORTING

• DOCUMENTTYPE = given by mapping

• DOCUMENTNUMBER = given by mapping

• DOCUMENTPART = given constant mapping

• DOCUMENTVERSION = given by mnapping

• HOSTNAME = ' ' ( i Doubt wat to be given)

• STATUSINTERN = ' '

• STATUSEXTERN = ' '

• STATUSLOG = ' '

• REVLEVEL = ' '

• AENNR = ' '

• PF_HTTP_DEST = ' ' ( i Doubt wat to be given)

• PF_FTP_DEST = ' ' ( i Doubt wat to be given)

• IMPORTING

• RETURN =

• TABLES

• DOCUMENTFILES =

• COMPONENTS =

• DOCUMENTSTRUCTURE =

i think there are some parameters has to be given when run on XI system , as of now i have executed this FM on SE38 of ERP Backend system , hope if i run this on SE38 of PI box i get some clue, please advice how to debug from XI front , i have to test this RFM from PI , any advices and blogs ..plz lemme know

With regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

paramters given on ERP System is listed below :

CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKIN2'

EXPORTING: documenttype = lf_doctype

documentnumber = lf_docnumber

documentpart = lf_docpart

documentversion = lf_docversion

hostname = ''

statusintern = ''

statusextern = lf_status

statuslog = ''

IMPORTING: return = ls_return

TABLES: documentfiles = lt_files.

Hope some more paramters has to be filled as shown above to get executed from XI box or no ?? bcz i have given the Receiver Adapter (BACKEND SYSTEM CREDENTIALS) to login and execute this FM,

bit confused

any views and advice

Srini