cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening the Calendar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue in opening the calendar.When any value on the dropdown menu is selected,the calendar on the date field doesnt open.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

yasu_ramaiah
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

It is a bug with web dynpro client framework. I had the same issue and I was on 6.4 sp12. try updating the web dynpro runtime environment( You should be able to find in notes on how to update the WD env). There is nothing I could try to get rid off, try this in a test project it happens there also.

Thanks,

yasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasu,

thanks for the information abt the webdynpro client framework....

actually the date fields and the dropdowns are in tables.Will this create any problem in opening the calendar?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasu,

Do u have any official document abt this.If yes cud u pls tell me something abt this....As my client is asking abt it.

thanks,

nandini

yasu_ramaiah
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

No there should not be any problem if both the date and dropdown or in a table. Regarding the OSS note I dont have with me. I am pretty sure try searching service place on updating the web dynpro runtime.

Thanks

vijayakhanna_raman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nandini,

we are not able to understand ur question.

I think there is no connection between ur dropdown and date field. If they are independent then what is the reason that u use the dropdown and then want to select the datefield to display the calender.

If the is any code behind please let me know that.

Regards,

Vijayakhanna Raman

arun_srinivasan
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

check out this it explains u better for using calendar

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/60/57fb027b6a8144b5c01e593709e7d0/frameset.htm

hope it helps,

Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandini,

If u want to open a calendar to select the date field then to be simple, create an input field and bind it with the contextatt. with the type date.

If u want to know more specific tell ur scenario clearly.

Hope this helps u better,

Regards,

Rathna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have already done the context binding.

actually the problem is ....

We have some CHAR dropdown fields, the issue comes when we select a value from a CHAR dropdown, the date calendar is not showing up for the date fields.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The context that u declared is of the type Date right????

Do u have any connection with the drop down and ur date fields?

Regards,

Rathna.

arun_srinivasan
Contributor
0 Kudos

could u explain in detail

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually there is a node in the context where the values for the dropdown and the value for the date is fetched.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have already done the context binding.

actually the problem is ....

We have some CHAR dropdown fields, the issue comes when we select a value from a CHAR dropdown, the date calendar is not showing up for the date fields.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandini,

check out the att type u r binding with the date field.The calendar appears only for the input field.

be specific on ur problem.

Regards,

Rathna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rathna,

i have checked that the date field is InputField itself.

Actual problem is ,when i select a value from the dropdown and then try to select a date from the date field,the calendar is not appearing.calendar is not opening.this happens only when i select the dropdown.Before selecting any of the dropdown if i try to select a date from the date field,then the calendar opens.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actual problem is ,when i select a value from the dropdown and then try to select a date from the date field,the calendar is not appearing.calendar is not opening.this happens only when i select the dropdown first.Before selecting any of the dropdown if i try to select a date from the date field,then the calendar opens.

arun_srinivasan
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi nandini,

i think u have a written some process onselect event for dropdown check out first and reply me

Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Arun,

no there is no onselect event for any of the dropdowns....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

R u trying to open the calendar from the drop down or through the input field.If u r going to use an input field and set its cont.att prop type to date then it should work fine.Hope this would be clear 4 u.

Regards,

Rathna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rathna,

I am opening the calendar from the input field.It has the context att.type 'Date'.dont know how is it linked to the dropdowns.....!!!

regards,

Nandini

arun_srinivasan
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

for which purpose ur using dropdown.u can get date through input field only when its attribute of type date.

i think there is no problem in date inputfield.There may be mistake in dropdown. could u reply me about scenarios of ur dropdown and calendar

regards,

Arun