cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned GI and Actual GI dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

While creating delivery with ref to order in the initial screen a defult "SELECTION DATE" is set(Tcode is VL01N). What is the significant of this field and from where the system pick this date.

My second question is in delivery overview screen, there are 2 dates visible, one is Planned GI date and the other one is Actual GI date.What is the differenence between these two.

Hope I will receive some good response from all of you.

Regards

Jyoti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After PGI the system generates the accounting doc - cost of goods sold( Dr) to inventory a/c (cr).

which tcode to use to see this accounting entry.

regards

Jyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another problem.

In the same sales order Schedule lines conformed date was on 30.05.2008. But in VL01N in planned GI the date is automatically set as 29.05.2008. So this is not equal to Sch. line date.

Where is the problem?

Regards

Jyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Dear Friends,

>

> While creating delivery with ref to order in the initial screen a defult "SELECTION DATE" is set(Tcode is VL01N). What is the significant of this field and from where the system pick this date.

> My second question is in delivery overview screen, there are 2 dates visible, one is Planned GI date and the other one is Actual GI date.What is the differenence between these two.

>

> Hope I will receive some good response from all of you.

>

>

> Regards

>

> Jyoti

Hi Jyoti,

1) The "SELECTION DATE" is the date you choose to create your delivery on.

By default it will have today's date (calendar date) say today is 26th May

so By default when you go to VL01N it will contain 26.05.2008

you can change it to whenever you choose to create the delivery say 23.06.2008 or any other date.

2) The planned GI date if you observe is nothing but the date you get confirmed quantity in sales order.

In sales Order goto line item double click goto schedule lines you will see confirmed quantity on a date this is where planned GI date is picked up from in sales order it comes from Availability check.

Actual GI date is the day you do PGI say planned GI is 26.05.2008 and you PGI on 30.05.2008 actual date will be 30th system internally picks the actual GI date.

Post for further clarification

Reward if helpful

-Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pls. find anewers to u r queries-

1.The selection date is the current/default date on ehich the document is created i.e. VL01N creation date.

2. Planned GI - It is the scheduline date i.e. the date proposed by the system by default which takes into consideration the availability check.

3. Actual GI - The date on which the goods movement actually takes place which may be other than the Planned GI.

In some cases planned GI date = Actual GI date

Hope it helps.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The default selection date is nothing but the today's date which means the date on which you are doing VL01n. This is picket up by default same like Requested Delivery Date which is picket up in sales order overview screen.

Regarding planned GI & actual GI date; planned is determinied as per delivery scheduling depending upon the cusotmer requested delivery date and actual GI date is the actual date on which Goods are issued physically. So, it means system may give todays date as planned GI date but if your issuing the goods after one week from today then you will put the actual GI date in that field.

Reward if useful.

Regards,

Hrishikesh

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

As my concern

1.While creating delivery with ref to order in the initial screen a defult "SELECTION DATE" is set(Tcode is VL01N). What is the significant of this field and from where the system pick this date.

-->This date is system determined date, as on date

2.My second question is in delivery overview screen, there are 2 dates visible, one is Planned GI date and the other one is Actual GI date.What is the differenence between these two

Planned GI date = Schedule lines conformed date or deliverty creation date.

Actual GI date= The date actually you done the PGI for that delivery.

I hope it will clear for you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Murali and Hrishikesh for your reply.

I created a sales order and the req del date was 30.05.2008.

when i create the delivery the messege comes "NO SCHEDULE LINES DUE FOR DELIVERY UP TO THE SELECTED DATE". I think this messege comes bcoz the Selection date is set as 26 th may(todays date). so i've to change the selection date to 30.05.2008so that i can create the delivery.Am i right or not?

Is there any control so that my req del date from sales order will reflect in selection date so that i do not have to change it manually everytime.

Thanks & regards

Jyoti