cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service call update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I created a service call in my web dynpro component through which I call a custom function created by me, now I need to change the Function adding an export parameter, is there a way to update the service call in my Web dynpro component in order to use the new parameter without re-create it?

Thanks

GN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christian_mahr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

well there is quite a lot to do if a parameter is added manually. Maybe someone has the time to elaborate on this.

Well I tried the regeneration and I failed, because of this:

Anyway I deleted the execution method, added a new paramater to the function call and then I started the wizard again. I got stuck when it came to the parameter step.

It said there where no parameters attached to the function module. Well what is not true.

Any idea?

Kind regards,

christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi christian.....

is it not showing any output parameters or only the one you created newly.

---regards,

alex b justin

christian_mahr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

to be more precise I get a warning message telling me that no parameter exists to this function module and using the wizard would be no sensible. To answer your question directly it does not show any paramaters.

Well I have to update two calls. I am done with one now, having done it manually I will try again the wizard.

Kind regards,

Christian

christian_mahr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I tried it again. If I run the wizard I get the I - Message

Service CACS_SCTR_RC_GU_BO_WD_RFC does not contain any parameters

Message no. SWDP_WB_TOOL494

If I run the wizard up to the end It will create one context node with the name of the service, but no attribute.

I reckon it is time for a csn-message. It is my view that this is a reasonable one.

Kind regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi christian....

if you are sure that the function module you created is rfc enabled and it has proper impport and export parameters and it is activated and still throws this error, then you can posta csn message.

---regards,

alex b justin

christian_mahr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

just a (final) remark:

I was advised to delete the context node of the component controler and run the wizard. This worked better in fact it worked fine, but it had some consequences on depending views.

So my favorite is not to use the wizard, but to do the update manually. Still a Description of it would be nice.

Kind regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gabriele,

the best is to use the service call again, or you should add another attribute from the structure inside the same node and modify the codings by adding teh export/import parameter details in the method tab where you will find the method which was automatically created. but the best is to re create it.

---regards,

alex b justin