cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter module that dumps file to XI file directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am given a task to find a way of backing up files the simpliest way. Currently, our config is in a scenario where there are 2 receiver, the receiving system (SAP) and the file backup (File adapter). I would want to reduce the config requirements by eliminating the file backup objects. And I am thinking of doing this by creating an adapter module to be included in the sender adapter.

Another idea I could think of is the adapter module calls upon the file comm channel to do the file backup.

The purpose of this research is to reduce object transport time and the mistakes the transport guys are doing on the file comm ch reconfiguration.

To those who have experiences with adapter module development, is this idea feasible?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Yes I feared that using transformation constants is impossible...

At least you gave me good news that the archiving via adapter module is possible

If you may, do you have a list for me of things to learn to develop the archiving module? This would really make things easy for me.

Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

For starting with adapter module development this guide will help you

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3bdc14e1-0901-0010-b5a9-a01...

The logic behind Archiving is that we copy the file to the new archive Directory path and then we delete the source file. I dont have access to my XI system currently. If possible I will post the code snippet for the archiving process here in a couple of days.

Thanks,

Jaishankar

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

i am afacing a problem that i want to back up a file which is to be sent and kept and remove file archiving in sender side is not to be used to be done on receiver file adapter only can u please help me how to back up and remove some suggestde adapter module but i dont know how to do it can any body give suggestions

Regards

sravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

That would be really great. I would really appreciate and owe you much for that snippet!

Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

How are you? Not knowing much about j2ee api is really difficult.. I just wonder if you already got the 'my savior snippet'?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Yes, it is a Seeburger AS2 adapter and you are right it doesnt have an archiving feature. The directory path only changes because of the XI box (e.g. /var/opt/gsss/data/GDD/archive/folder when transported to GDA becomes /var/opt/gsss/data/GDA/archive/folder).

And the path is not static, we are basing it on the receiver (e.g. receiver party = P_EXT_PARTY, interface = DESADV, then full path is /var/opt/gsss/data/GDD/archive/folder/P_EXT_PARTY/DESADV). And the filename from the content of the message.

Based on your reply, it seems possible to create an archiving adapter module, am I right? And with this requirements, do you think it is doable?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Yes. It is possible to develop adapter modules that will perform the archiving here. But there is a catch here. Your archive Directory path is based on the Receiver Party, interface name. These details can not be captured inside the sender adapter module as these are added to the SOAP message only after the message is passed to the Integration Engine.

Regards,

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

The idea of the research is to elimate the need to configure any file comm channels as they require to be reconfigured during transport. The directories, filename, and unix script directory, varies for each XI box; and the configuration of them takes time plus transport mistakes are high.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

My mistake. Are you not using the standard File adapter shipped with SAP XI installation? AS2 is it a Seaburger adapter?

Infact we are facing a similar situation here. We have Seabuger SFTP adapter and it does not have the option for Archiving. We decided with writing our own adapter modules for the archiving. Even in case of adapter module the back up folder has to be passed as a parameter to the module. But in your case you are saying this is a problem. SInce the File name and path changes with each environment you can not hardcode the File name and path in the code too..

So I dont understand how developing adapter modules can solve your issue here.

Regards,

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Thanks for your reply. That is the 2nd option I have in case the 1st one isnt possible.

To further elaborate,

Current config:

we have two AS2 comm channels (sender and receiver) managing the connection with our external partners.

File comm channels to backup the files we send and receive.

The problem:

We are having problems with the transport guys as they often make mistake on reconfiguring the file comm channel during transport.

Requirements:

Reduce object creation and tranport time.

Solution proposal 1:

The idea is to remove all existing objects related to file back up and have all the file back ups done by the adapter module. And this adapter module would become part of the as2 comm channels module processes.

Hope this clarifies things more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>we have two AS2 comm channels (sender and receiver) managing the connection with our external partners.

File comm channels to backup the files we send and receive.

Now you are using the processing mode "Archive" in your sender FIle communication channel or are you using a separate communication channel to do the back up?

If you have "archive" mode it will ask for a paramter Archive File path, are you saying this keeps changing during your transports?

Regards,

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is an option for back up of file from the sender File adapter itself. Have you considered that? Is that not suitable for your reqmnts? If so, can you describe your problem a bit more?

Regards,

Jaishankar