cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

item category is not defined

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

when i am trying to sell raw materials i am geting an error message during PGI .item category is not defined and when i enter valution type manually in delivery doc. it goes through.

batch mgmt is activated for finished goods(no batch for raw material sell)

item category settings are done properly

can some one throw some light( why the error is coming and how it can be avoided)

there are no excise issues since it is an international client

Regards

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sharukh

Generally for raw material (ROH) sales views are not maintained. As you are selling the raw material (ROH) , you need to extend the material the sales views (sales orgn1&2 , sales gen plant ) . Go to MM01 and give the material name and extend it by selecting those material.

Now check in the sales view in MMR , what is the item category group , wheather it is NORM or any other thing. and make sure that sales doc type and item category grp what item category is coming in VOV4.

Now when you create a sales order , (VA01) , check that item category is determined or not .in VOV4 if it gives error again

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can sell the raw material by following approach in tha material master -

1. Extending the material to particular/All sales organisation.

2. By Changing the valuation type of that material from raw to finished goods.

Hope it helps

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You just need to ensure that the raw materials you are using in the delivery needs to be extended to sales views (sales organization from which the selling is happenning ) and accounding views in the materials.

Please do this and I am sure the error message vanishes. If this is still coming then post the exact error message.

Reward if this helps.

Reg

Murali

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear sharukh

You can certainly sell raw materials provided they are extended to sales view and accounting views.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

rasikm_waghela
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge you can sell raw materials

maintain sales org data for the material.

Regards

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Are those materials created as Raw Materials with ROH material type.

Guess, it is not posssible to sell materials that are created as Raw Materials. That materials will not have accounting views also in the material master. Raw materials are used internally for production. If you wish to sell those matrials, you have to create them as finished products and can be sold.

This is my understanding. Since I didn't face this scenario, I'm not sure about the concept.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Maintain the Valuation type in the material master then try.

I hope it will help you

Regards,

Murali.