Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC to File scenario Configuraton settings

former_member189441
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

I am doing IDOC to FILE scenario.I am sending IDOC from R/3 to XI and then to XML file.That mean smy scenario is as Follows ( R/3XIfile ) These are my queries

-->I have created RFC Destination from R/3 to XI.should I need to create RFC destination from XI to R/3 ( i mean In XI )??

-->I have created one Port in R/3 and I have linked that port with RFC Destination that i have created.here i am sending IDOC from R?# to XI...SO we call this PORT as SENDER PORT or RECEIVER PORT??

-->and DO we need to create PORT in XI also??is it require for my scenario??

-->DO we need to create Partner Profiles in XI also??

-->DO we need to create LOgical system in XI to represent the XI system?? (as we created LS in R/3 to represent sender system)

--->Here is my big doubt..

when we test IDOC ..by sing we19 TCODE,

We need to fill the corresponding details as below,

Receipent Sender

Port Port

PartnerNo PartnerNo

PartnerType PartnerType

my Doubt is,

-->>In which field we need to specify the Port that we have created in R/3..Receipent side OR Sender Side..?? and Why??

-->>Same for ParnerNo..where we need to specify the Logical system which we have created in R/3 should specify??Why??

Please give reply ASAP..with detailedexplanation..

points will be rewarded..

regards,

murali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can send a test IDoc with transaction WE19.

It's also described here:

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

/people/suraj.sr/blog/2005/12/29/generate-test-case-for-an-idoc-scenario

Thanks,

Satya

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

SLD-

1) Create a Product/Software Component

2) Technical System pointing to R/3 system

3) Business System for the above technical system

In the Repository

1) Import the Software component created in the sld

2) Create a namespace,

3) import the idoc and then create sender data type/message type etc and mapping

4) Mapping Rules is depends on the requirement

In the Directory

1) Create a Scenario /import the business system

2) Create Receiver/Interface determination

3) Create communication channels for sender and receiver

4) Sender Agreeement and Receiver Agreement.

Then the file adapter configuration is depend on the input file format.

Also you need to have Logical destionation created in the XI , and the IDX1 entry

In R/3 Port, Partner profiles etc should be created

Have a look into this document~

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/877c0d53-0801-0010-3bb0-e38...

While doing an File -> XI -> IDoc scenario, The Points to noted are:

1. You donu2019t need a DT, MT or a message interface for the IDOC as it itself acts as the Message Interface.

2. You import the IDOC and use the same in your mapping.

3. In this configuration note that you will need a sender agreement for the file.

4. In this configuration note that you will also need a receiver agreement for the IDOC.

For any File -> XI -> IDoc scenario ref:

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/12/22/file-to-multiple-idocs-xslt-mapping

While doing an File -> XI -> IDoc scenario, The Points to noted are:

1. You donu2019t need a DT, MT or a message interface for the IDOC as it itself acts as the Message Interface.

2. You import the IDOC and use the same in your mapping.

3. In this configuration note that you will need a sender agreement for the file.

4. In this configuration note that you will also need a receiver agreement for the IDOC.

For any File -> XI -> IDoc scenario ref:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii

SAP XI

1) RFC Destination (SM59)

a) Choose create.

b) Specify the name of the RFC destination

c) Select connection type as 3 and save

d) In the technical settings tab enter the details SAP SID/URL and system number#.

e) Enter the Gateway host as same details above SID/URL.

f) Gateway service is 3300+system number#.

g) In the Logon /Security tab, enter the client user & Password details of Destination system.

h) Test the connection and remote logon.

2) Create Port (IDX1)

a) Select create new button

b) Enter the port name as SAP+SID (The starting char should be SAP)

c) Enter the destination client.

d) Enter the RFC Destination created in SAP R/3 towards other system.

e) Save

3) Load Meta Data for IDOC (IDX2)

a) Create new

b) IDOC Message Type

c) Enter port created in IDX1.

SAP R/3

1) RFC Destination (SM59)

a) Choose create.

b) Specify the name of the RFC destination

c) Select connection type as 3 and save

d) In the technical settings tab enter the details SAP SID/URL and system number#.

e) Enter the Gateway host as same details above SID/URL.

f) Gateway service is 3300+system number#.

g) In the Logon /Security tab, enter the client user & Password details of Destination system.

h) Test the connection and remote logon.

2) Create Port (We21)

a) First Select Transactional RFC and then click create button

b) Enter the destination port name as SAP+SID (The starting char should be SAP)

c) Enter the destination client.

d) Enter the RFC Destination created in SAP R/3 towards other system.

e) Save

3) Create Partner Profile (WE20)

a) Create New

b) Create the Partner no. name as same the logical system name of the destination system.

c) Select Partner type LS

d) Enter details for Type: US/USER, Agent, and Lang.

e) Click on the + button to select the message type.

f) Select Partner no. and LS which ever create above.

g) Select Message type

h) Select Process code related to the Message type.

I) save.

In SLD u2013 System Landscape Directory

TS for R/3 (Logical system):-Assign the client name created in R/3 as Logical system Name.

Ts for Third Party (Logical system):-

BS for SAP R/3 (Logical system):- Assign the client name created in R/3 as Logical system Name.

BS for Third Party (Logical system):-Enter the XI logical system name.

In Transaction SALE

Define and Assign the logical system names

cheers

reward poins if found useful

former_member189441
Active Participant
0 Kudos

k

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check the below links,

Re: IDOC Scenario Steps

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters - IDoc to File IDOc testing - /people/suraj.sr/blog/2005/12/29/generate-test-case-for-an-idoc-scenario

idoc erros - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/6a/e6194119d8f323e10000000a155106/content.htm

idocs - /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/24/do-you-like-to-understand-147correlation148-in-xi

idoc mapping - /people/james.guanzon/blog/2006/03/23/how-to-support-industry-standards-in-xi-part-ii-of-iii--mapping

IDoc erros troubleshooting - /people/raja.thangamani/blog/2007/07/19/troubleshooting-of-ale-process

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

see the below links to get more details about IDocs ALE/ IDOC/ XML Troubleshooting of ALE Process - /people/raja.thangamani/blog/2007/07/19/troubleshooting-of-ale-process

http://www.sapgenie.com/sapgenie/docs/ale_scenario_development_procedure.doc

http://www.thespot4sap.com/Articles/SAP_XML_Business_Integration.asp

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm30/helpdata/en/72/0fe1385bed2815e10000000a114084/content.htm

regards

chandrakanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Jst verify with the ALE settings that you have performed.

Steps for ALE settings:-

Steps for XI

Step 1)

Goto SM59.

Create new RFC destination of type 3(Abap connection).

Give a suitable name and description.

Give the Ip address of the R3 system.

Give the system number.

Give the gateway host name and gateway service (3300 + system number).

Go to the logon security tab.

Give the lang, client, username and password.

Test connection and remote logon.

Step 2)

Goto IDX1.

Create a new port.

Give the port name.

Give the client number for the R3 system.

Select the created Rfc Destination.

Step 3)

Goto IDX2

Create a new Meta data.

Give the Idoc type.

Select the created port.

Steps for R3.

Step 1)

Goto SM59.

Create new RFC destination of type 3(Abap connection).

Give a suitable name and description.

Give the Ip address of the XI system.

Give the system number.

Give the gateway host name and gateway service (3300 + system number).

Go to the logon security tab.

Give the lang, client, username and password.

Test connection and remote logon.

Step 2)

Goto WE21.

Create a port under transactional RFC.(R3->XI)

Designate the RFC destination created in prev step.

Step 3)

Goto SALE.

Basic settings->Logical Systems->Define logical system.

Create two logical systems(one for XI and the other for R3)

Basic settings->Logical Systems->Assign logical system.

Assign the R3 logical system to respective client.

Step 4)

Goto WE20.

Partner type LS.

Create two partner profile(one for XI the other for R3).

Give the outbound or inbound message type based on the direction.

Step 5)

Not mandatory.

Goto BD64.

Click on Create model view.

Add message type.

Step 6)

Goto WE19

Give the basic type and execute.

fill in the required fields.

Goto IDOC->edit control records.

Give the following values.(Receiver port,partner no.,part type and sender Partner no. and type)

Click outbound processing.

Step 7)

Go to SM58

if there are any messages then there is some error in execution.

Goto WE02.

Check the status of the IDOC.

Goto WE47.

TO decode the status code.

BD87 to check the status of IDOC.

In case if not authorized then go to the target system and check in SU53, see for the missing object

and assign it to the user.

SAP r3

sm59(status check)(no message)

WE02(status check)

WE05(status check)

BD87(status check)

Xi

IDx5(Idoc check)

SU53(authorization check)

Reward points if helpful

PrasHant

former_member189441
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi jai shankar and swarup,

both of ur answers are not matching..for my query,wheather we need to specify the port and partner number which we have created in R/3 in Recepent side OR Sender Side

and how IDOC that we have sent to XI knows that which COnfiguration scenario and with in that CS To which Business Service it should go??

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>both of ur answers are not matching..for my query,wheather we need to specify the port and partner number which we have created in R/3 in Recepent side OR Sender Side

Receiver side. The partner you create in WE 20 will be your Receiver partner no and the port you create in WE21 will be the Receiver port. Why dont you test it and verify the result?

>>how IDOC that we have sent to XI knows that which COnfiguration scenario and with in that CS To which Business Service it should go??

That is an entirely different subject. It uses the Receiver Determination object for this purpose.

Regards,

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

In R3 youll create two logical systems(un transaction SALE) one for SAP r3 to which you will assign a client(which is also mentioned in SLD).

The other one for XI.

IN WE19 in the Reciever side you will give the logical system i.e partner No. that you have created for XI(in sap R3)

Port is the one that you have created in R3 (because it is the one pointing to your XI which is your reciever)

Part type is LS.

in the sender side Port is generated by SAP automatically hence need not be mentioned.

partner No. is the logical system name that you have created for R3(the one to whom you have assigned a client and also specified in SLD)

and Partner type is LS.

reward points if useful.

regards,

Milan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

-->>In which field we need to specify the Port that we have created in R/3..Receipent side OR Sender Side..?? and Why??

You need to pass the Port details on the Sender Side as you will be sending the IDOC from WE19 from R/3...and on Receiver side you have to give the port no of XI as XI will be the receiver in case of pushing the IDOC from R/3 -

> XI...

-->>Same for ParnerNo..where we need to specify the Logical system which we have created in R/3 should specify??Why??

As per the above explanantion you have apply it for Partner No also. In Partner No, you have to add the Message type and IDOC details under Outbound category as you will be pushing teh IDOC outside R/3

I hope this will clarify your doubt.

Refer

IDOc testing - /people/suraj.sr/blog/2005/12/29/generate-test-case-for-an-idoc-scenario

Also

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/10/27/idoc146s-not-reaching-xi133-not-posted-in-the-receiver-sap-systems133

/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2007/01/22/ale-configuration-for-pushing-idocs-from-sap-to-xi

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

idoc settings /people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/23/configuration-steps-required-for-posting-idocsxi

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>-->I have created RFC Destination from R/3 to XI.should I need to create RFC destination from XI to R/3 ( i mean In XI )??

No. You need it only if you need to send IDOCS from XI to the SAP sytem.

>>I have created one Port in R/3 and I have linked that port with RFC Destination that i have created.here i am sending IDOC from R?# to XI...SO we call this PORT as SENDER PORT or RECEIVER PORT??

Receiver Port

>>-->and DO we need to create PORT in XI also??is it require for my scenario??

Yes. You need to have ports created in XI. You should use the transactions IDX1 and IDX2 for this not the WE21 you use in R/3.

>>-->>In which field we need to specify the Port that we have created in R/3..Receipent side OR Sender Side..?? and Why??

Answer for both the qn is receiver. In Partner profile you create a partner for the receiver system (not the sender system) and all details (port) inculded in that will point towards the receiver end.

>>Please give reply ASAP..with detailedexplanation

Refrain from doing this in future. Why should we reply ASAP? It is arrogant to use such words in public forums.

Regards,

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

-->I have created RFC Destination from R/3 to XI.should I need to create RFC destination from XI to R/3 ( i mean In XI )??

>>>> yes you need to create RFC destination from R/3.

-->I have created one Port in R/3 and I have linked that port with RFC Destination that i have created.here i am sending IDOC from R?# to XI...SO we call this PORT as SENDER PORT or RECEIVER PORT??

>>> in WE20 you should maintain port in R/3 system.

>> IDOC field DIRECT will decide whether it is inbound or outbound,

-->and DO we need to create PORT in XI also??is it require for my scenario??

>> yes....in IDX1

-->DO we need to create Partner Profiles in XI also??

>> NO you need not.

-->DO we need to create LOgical system in XI to represent the XI system?? (as we created LS in R/3 to represent sender system)

>>> NO it is not required..

-

>> SNDPOR and RCVPOR are the PORT values you need to fill...in EDI_DC40 of IDOC.

>>> SNDPRN and RCVPRN will serve the purpose.

REgards,

AKshay.

*REward points if find useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check the bellow link,

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1819] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ab/bdb13b00ae793be10000000a11402f/content.htm]

Regards,

Prakasu

Edited by: prakasu on May 26, 2008 10:10 AM