Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One more new System in CC 5.1

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have been using CC5.1 for quite some time now. We have installed another RTA 5.1 in new system which is 4.6C.They are in the same SLD.

Currently, CC5.1 is being used on ABAP+JAVA stack (called

as SERVER1). Now we want to include new system which is only ABAP (called SERVER2) runs on 4.6C.

My understanding is as follows, kindly correct me if required:

1.First I have to bring new server (SERVER2) in existing SLD, if it is not there (but currently they are in common SLD).

2.Create a JCO to this system in existing J2EE server.

3.Create a user with necessary authorizations(but I presume that one user is already created with all the authorizations, so there should not be any need to create a new one since we want to use the existing user id).

My Queries are:

1.There is one option called Master User Source in config tab. Right now, SERVER1 is specified. Does it mean that, if I want to synchronize User/Role/Profile data from SERVER2, first I need to specify SERVER2 here then run backgroung jobs?

That means each time you run these jobs, you need to first select the Source Sytem from here and run? If so, then what happens if we schedule them on daily/weekly or monthly basis?

2.There is one option called "Logical System" as well in config tab, which says that if you want to do analysis for multiple systems with the same rule set, define them here.

But how to go about it?

The bottom line is that, I want to use existing J2EE server for these 2 systms : SERVER1 and SERVER2. Kindly let me know the steps to be followed.

Response would be appreciated and awarded, since it quite urgent.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

1. No, the Master User Source is just the first search system to retrieve user data like first/last name. The search will continue in the other systems if the user is not found in the Master User Source. You do not need to change anything here!

2. Logical systems can be used if you have multiple systems having the same ruleset. You do not have to use logical systems, you can also create each system and load the rule data individually. With logical systems, you would group the systems under the name of the logical system and load the rule data/generate the rules for the logical system.

Regards,

Daniela

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

kindly someone reply asap.

Rgds,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

please also reply if this solved your problem.

Regards,

Daniela

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela,

Now the problem is that, the management view is not getting updated, that means SODs violations are not shown here. User/Role/ Profile synchronization is happening properly.

I have seen also in debug screen, that no rules are generated for newly created system.

But could you please tell me how to create a rule set for the newly created system?Since, I am totally confused now!

Please do it asap.

Thanks and Regards,

Faisal