cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Master,

I'm totally new to SAP NW CE 7.1. I've assigned to implement SAP NW CE 7.1. Currently I have one systen installed with SAP NW 7. Can I install SAP NW CE 7.1 on that system?

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Yan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gaurav_modgil
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Welcome to the First timers group

You should not try to Install both the systems on the same machine, as both the system work on a different JVM (1.4 & 1.5 ) and similar file structure of the install insures you will have some problems :).

Best bet is to secure a totally new Machine with sufficient hardware for the CE System.

Further do not dump your older NW7.0 machine as yet. It will be used as a consumer portal.

For Practical purposes, you need to have two systems

1. The CE Server which provides Composite content

2. The NW 7.0 Machine which acts a s a consumer portal for the Composite apps, + its own content.

Note: CE does not provide KM Features. So for all practical purposes, you would need both the servers in tandem.

Hope this helps,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I've got the documentation on how to configure CE 7.1, ESR, and Discovery System (Version 2 actually). We've installed and configured CE 7.1 and ESR successfully already. For DS Version 2, we've upgraded to SAP BASIS and SAP ABA SP09 to get TCode WSPARAM and WSPUBLISH.

But when we run to publish all DS system service to CE using TCode WSPUBLISH, we got an error that said:

Registry name : SR_UDDI. Logical port : LP_WORKPLACE.

Enterprise services registry version is 1.0.

Error retreiving physical system from Enterprise Registry.

Physical system was published successfully.

All publication stamps were deleted from database for Registry "SR_UDDI".

Classification system cache updated from Enterprise Service Registry.

No sufficient authorisations. Ask user administrator.

Service definition /AIN/GET_NUMBER_RANGE_IN_VI not processed.

Service definition /AIN/NOTIFY_ERROR_IN_VI not processed.

Service definition /AIN/NOTIFY_EXTENSION_IN_VI not processed.

May you can help. Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Yan

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yan,

I am also facing the same problem can you please help me on this with some documentation sothat i can resolve the issue

Thanks

Swathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

No, NW 7 has a java Engine with JEE 1.3 whereas the Java Engine for CE 7.1 is Java5/JEE 5. So, you need to install it separately.

regards,

Piyush.