cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial number in inspection lot decision - QM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have activated the serial numbers for the material. Our clients needs that while doing the Usage decision the system should automatically pick up the Serial numbers from the material document against which the inspection lot has created.

Pl reply on the urgent basis.

thanks in advance

vamsi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the serial no. possible field (EIN) in material master QM view. If you selected the check box , please deselect the field and try to create GR & post usage decision.

Sanjay

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No the serial numbers are not coming as maintianied in the material document for which the inspection lot has been created.

thanks

vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sanjay,

We are not doing the inspection for a particular serial number. but we are doing the collective decision for the list of the serial numbers for a FERT code.

The steps include :

1) GR against the production Order For a FERT code

2) The total quantity will be moved to the inspection.

3) Against the inspection lot the results are recorded.

4) The usage decision is taken. When the usage decision is saved the system will Pop up a window and we have to enter the serial numbers that are to be posted to the unrestricted use.

Here we have to manually enter the Serial number or select from the F4 option or from the material document etc.. Our client don't want to enter the serial numbers, he wants the serial numbers that have been posted to the inspection lot shhould come automaticaaly here.

i hope i'm clear now.

thanks

vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did not understand the automatic assignment of serial number while doing usage decision. When you post usage decision system allows you to post individual serial number item to different stock type .

Please read the attached like for more information

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/60/ca7e62e4c011d1954500a0c930e04c/frameset.htm]