Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem regarding Sales BOM explosion in Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD Gurus,

The problem is,

I've a BOM with Higher level item TAP.

when i do a partial delivery, only for the first time the BOM is getting exploded and later on whenever the user tries to create the delivery, only the header item in the BOM is displayed in the delivery. The user has to enter all the sub-items manually and also the quantity.

what must be the reason?

Please anyone try and throw some light. Its hard for the user to do so much data entry

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

anyone try and give some suggestions

rishk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please try and solve this problem.

Thanks & Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the item category of the main item check whether Create delivery group check box is checked and structure scope is A.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srikkanth,

Thanks again

but yes the check box for create delivery group is checked & also the structure group is A.

This is basically a quantity contract against which the user has cretad four release orders.

And for one order out of four user has created a partial delivery and invoice. Everything went fine until here.

Now when he wants to again create a delivery against the same order, only the header item for the BOM is displayed.

But the system is allowing to manually enter the sub-items and its quantity in the delivery and do the PGI and Invoice.

This is what i am not understanding,

and I hope you have understood the problem. Please ask me if any doubts.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What exactly you mean by partial delivery. Check whether the schedule lines of the sub items are confirmed in the order.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srikkanth k,

I mean to say that, user has delivered partially of the order quantity. And yes the schedule lines for the sub-items are confirmed in the order.

If any more queries please ask me.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rish,

You mean to say by partial delivery is that from the order only the main item is flowing in the delivery and not the sub item or there are lots of other items in the order along with these bom items and those have been delivered partially.

Check in VOV7 for the subitem item category whether the schedule lines allowed is checked.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikkanth,

When the user creates delivery for the first time for a particular order, the BOM explodes correctly with the quantities also displaying correctly.

But he does not create the delivery for the whole of the order quantity. What i mean to say he is creating a delivery only for part quantity. And next time when he tries to create another delivery refereing to the same order, only the header item of the BOM is displayed and also it allows to enter manually all the sub-items and the quantity.

And regarding the check box for schedule lines allowed, I checked it and it is checked for for both header (TAP) and sub-item (TAN).

Thanks