Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant--block

former_member186775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi team,

Can any one tell me how to make users to be able to execute

only one variant in va11.

Is there some way to deactivate the other variant

button in this T-code (or) atleast prohibit the user from

accessing the other variants?

regards

Manjula.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

l_borsboom
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I don't know what you mean with 'variant' here (in my system I don't see any variants in this transactions). If you mean Inquiry Type: this can be restricted using authorization object V_VBAK_AAT (Sales Document: Authorization for Sales Document Types).

I hope this will help.

Kind regards,

Lodewijk

6 REPLIES 6

l_borsboom
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I don't know what you mean with 'variant' here (in my system I don't see any variants in this transactions). If you mean Inquiry Type: this can be restricted using authorization object V_VBAK_AAT (Sales Document: Authorization for Sales Document Types).

I hope this will help.

Kind regards,

Lodewijk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjula,

variant means ?

0 Kudos

Hello,

Variant is nothing but the stored parameter. Where the input will be already defined and that input we will take as parameter help. Still if you want more information on variants you can interact with ABAPer for getting more information and seeing practicaly how it works. For information go to Txcode - SE38 and see in Application menu wise execute with variants and define variants.

Still if you want more information on Variant how to create revert me i will tell you the whole procedure.

Thks

0 Kudos

I don't think there's a way to restrict that.

Try to create a new variant and check if there's any options to restrict the use of this variant.If this option exists then try to change the one that already exists.

BR,

Lucas

0 Kudos

Hello,

I think this is not SAP security question, ?

You can post ABAP fourm.

I know variants, but somany variants are there depends on module. I am asking varients in security level.

you can create Transaction and Screen variants using transaction SHD0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont you create two variants for the same transaction code and give the access according to the user requirement.

Rakesh