cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many days we can keep the Errored messages in the XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While processing the messages If we get any Errors those messages we can do the restart... for restarting those messages how many days these mesages will be available in the XI box... and where can we do the settings for changing these limit..

Regards

Jian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jain,

Follow the below steps to configure the maximum number of days for persistence of error messages:

1. Go to transaction SXMB_ADM

2. Click on Integration Engine Configuration

3. In the 'Specific configuration data' select the category - DELETION

4. Click on Specific Configuration data

5. Go to change made, click on NEW ENTRIES

6. Select the parameter 'PERSIST_DURATION_ERROR'

7. Configure the number of days.

********Reward Points if useful

Regards,

Kiran Bobbala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The suggested process is to delete the Synchronous Errored Messages. The parameter PERSISTENCE_DURATION_ERROR is for Synchronous Messages. Can you please tell us the process to delete ASYNCHRONOUS Error messages which are cancelled.

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I don't know if you figured this out yet.... and since it's not answered I thought I'd respond just in case.

If you want to remove Asynchronous messages (in error), chances are they can be re-run. If you want to remove them you first have to manually cancel those, there is a job to run (they don't recommend you run it on a schedule in your production client). RSXMB_CANCEL_MESSAGES is the name of the job. Or you can goto SXMB_MONI and manually cancel them.

The only cavaet is that these manually canceled messages (via job or Moni) have to be archived first. The only way to get around that is to change the parameter in integration engine configuration Note #820149:

Category: ARCHIVE

PARAMETER: PERSIST_ARCH_MANUAL_CHANGES

Values: 0=NO and 1=YES (Default is set to YES)

What you do is set this parameter to 0 (NO) and the messages that are canceled are not required to be archived. If you have an interface that is supposed to be archived I believe that over-rides this parameter. Please confirm that first before setting this in a productive environment (as I'm sure you don't want them blown away unless you ar absolutely sure, it's in the note I wrote above 820149).

Either way good luck

Rocco

Also the OSS Note #Note 872388 - Troubleshooting Archiving and Deletion in XI/PI is an overall note to read for this purpose. It leads to about 80 other notes depending on your situation.

Edited by: Rocco Espina on Jul 15, 2008 12:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rocco,

When i cancel the message manually, the ITFACTION of the message still reflects as DEL. Does that mean that the message cannot be archived at all?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once the message is set to DEL then it can no longer be archived.

I was following the thread regarding removing the canceled message and how to get them removed. If your asking about how long the messages will stay in the system, it (message) doesn't go away until you manually cancel or proccess it. This is the job of PI to guarantee the message delivery as I can tell it will keep a failed re-processable message forever (until you purge or process).

Unless someone out there can correct me (I can be mistaken), I had messages in my development system for 6 months with my Asynchronous interfaces and I just recently removed them in the last few weeks.

Hope this answers your question, let me know if you need more info.

Rocco

Edited by: Rocco Espina on Jul 16, 2008 3:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rocco,

Thanks for the response.

After some investigation on the system, this is what i find out.

If there is no retention periods set for any interfaces, the reorganization action of the message will be set to either INIT or DEL. Otherwise if the retention period is set specifically for a message, the reorganization action would be either ARCH or XRCH.

When messages are in their final state, that is a successful processed message or an error message that is cancelled, the messages can then be either DEL or ARCH according to the reorganization action. And of course the retention period for the messages must be over before we can delete or archive it.

We can run reports such as RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES or RSXMB_ARCHIVE_MESSAGES to delete or archive the messages respectively.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks!

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The time duration for persistance of message can be set during the Archiving & Deletion process. See this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0e/80553b4d53273de10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

Prateek