cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which tasks required for a Developer in a SAP project with SAP XI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'm a ABAPer (Developer too), i will join into a SAP development and maintenance project that use the SAP XI. In order to prepare for this project, now i should determine and study the "Specific Skills/Tasks required" for a ABAPer (Developer too) in development and maintenance project with SAP XI technology platform. I see in our forum with thread:

that: A developer will take care of "Mapping Task" with "ABAP Mapping" or "JAVA Mapping".

If any person who participated in a project as same as my project (a SAP development and maintenance project with SAP XI platform), please help me to answer my question:

My question:

"Which other tasks required for a Developer in a SAP development and maintenance project with SAP XI platform (exclude Mapping Task)?"

Thanks a lot to all in advance (points will be rewarded for every valuable answers),

Vinh Vo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member537867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinh Vo ,

As an XI consultant u will involved in the following tasks:

s a SAP XI Developer you will be required to : Gather requirements, develop specifications and technical documentation. Perform requirement analysis and high and low level design. Perform the coding, testing and integration mapping Interface with onsite / offshore project teams ,sometimes responsible for developing java applications based on clients requirement specifications, preparing the technical design document, creating prototypes, analyzing and identifying performance bottle-necks, providing technical and user documentation and training to client, providing relevant data to the Module Leader for status reports both.

Responsibilities

•Translate Business Requirements into XI Technical solution

•Deliver quality integration scenarios within timelines and adhering to standards Duties

•Work closely with functional team to understand business requirements

•Work closely with application developers or business partners to ensure end-to-end scenario delivery

•Support user acceptance and integration testing

•Use Integration Builder tools to render scenarios incorporating best practice guidelines

Specific Skills

•Real world XI experience on production development track

•SAP project experience is ideal because of disciplined approach

•Excellent knowledge of XI Integration Builder

•Additional knowledge in ABAP, Java, or web technologies

•Knowledge of XI runtime, pipeline, and execution environment

•Ability to use XI monitoring and trace tools for debugging

•Excellent communication and follow-through with colleagues and users

•Excellent Knowledge of XI BPM/Business Integration tools

ref: this discussions -

Regards,

Vinod.