cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing a 2kb file from XI -->BW for 10 hours Picking from FTP Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Gurus,

This is Amar Srinivas Eli. I am transferring a file from XI-->BW for transferring a 2KB File for Picking from the FTP Server.

At present even one File is not transferring from FTP server....I mean now atleast one file is not picking...

But previously it was picked for nearly 20-21 times from FTP Server but every time it takes nearly 10 hours for picking each.

Some times It was showing success at SXMB_MONI it was success flag but that particular file is not reaching BW system I donot know where it was going in the mean timeeeeee.

I checked every thing regarding XI development and also as well as

XI --> BW connections.......It is Fine.

But I donot know why it was taking for picking a 2 KB file for 10 hours.

Kindly help me on this as it is business critical issue.

I also checked regarding file permissions at FTP reg RWX permissions.

I thought may be some problem is there regarding XI server or else BW system

At present we are using XI 3.0 SP22 versionnnnn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it with all the interface or particaular to this interface..?

--Create one communication channel and try to pick the the same file using that channel..and check the difference..

THanks

Farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you chekced Communication CHannel Engine Messages? Or you are directly seeing the file in SXMB_MONI?

--Try to put the file in the source dir once agian...and check the channel status.

--If file is pickes by the AE but it reaches to IE after some time then check the status of the message in Message Monitoring..

--Check your polling interval

--Also check weather this file is in use with other Application or not?

Thanks

Farooq

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

Well Best way to see where time Consumption is more is SXMB_Moni

There you will find Performance Header under Soap body ,

See where it is taking much time and work on that area.

if finding difficult just send me Screen shot of Performance Header.

Reward Points IF Helpful

Thanks

Sunil Singh

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

Check you file adapter configuration, whether you have set the processing mode to test or delete or read only mode.

If it is test mode, file will continuously keep processing.

Are you able to see any messages in SXMB_MONI,

also check if you are using a ftp adapter you have provided the ftp adapter details like server details, user and password correctly.FTP connection parameters are specified correctly

Also check the receiver communication channel details, if the file is processed successfully in sender CC and shows success in Moni as well.

Check the queues SMQ1-Outbound and SMQ2-Inbound,if any files stuck there, the select the files and resend it.De-register the Queues and register it again in SMQR.Try to split the 2kb file and send it.

For more info:

you can set the File processing mode as Delete in Communication channel creation in ID.Then the File will be deleted from the source DIR

see your SXMB_MONI, at every poll interval you will get new message.Set the poll interval in the communication channel.

In RWB you could successfully monitor as the File adapter have picked up the file or not.

Even SXMB_MONI also gives you the detail monitoring

Even if you have implied delete or archive activity in Communication Channel for the file adapter after processing. That could indicate you about successful picking up of file.

Reward points if this helps

Regards

Pragathi.