cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell padding in iView tray of WD app's...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey all,

So I've set padding/spacing to 0 in my Web Dynpro components, I've told my iView not to add padding and I've created a new theme that has all iView tray padding/spacing set to 0.

All iView content of my .par projects looks great, stuck right in there in the top left corner... all of my Wed Dynpro apps seem to be pushed over and down by around 10px... what's that all about?

Is there some double secret Web Dynpro CSS file that overwrites all? How do I remove the tray padding from my WD apps?

Similarly, I've changed the background colour of my iView trays in the theme editor and it works great in all but WD app's... again suggesting to me that there's an uber secret WD CSS somewhere coupled with a paramater someplace that says, "No matter what the poor portal admin wants... make the background colour this and add 10px of padding :p".

Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Patrick.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if it helps, but there exists a checkbox "Custom Padding" or similar in the Web Dynpro Window editor. If you set uncheck this, there will be no padding around a window.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin, thanks for the response.

Is that property specific to NetWeaver 7.1?

We're using 7 SP11 (will be updating to 13 over the next few days though) and I can't seem to find any such property... also this is WDJ and not WDA.

Thanks again,

Patrick.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

any solution to remove padding? I am on NW 7.01 sp4

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

What about using Firebug/IE developer toolbar to find the problematic css class and from there finding the css file and fix it.

Omri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice tip Omri, cheers. I'll have a look at that.

Patrick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I had a look at the page with FireBug,

[this image|http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/2083/wtfpaddinggp9.jpg] shows the results... it suggests to me that the evil padding that I've been trying to get rid of doesn't actually come from any CSS file, it doesn't seem to be attached to any class. So it would appear that either the Web Dynpro Framework or perhaps the portals' Page Framework is hardcoding this padding on my Web Dynpro iViews; does that seem about right to you?

The purple bit highlighted in the iView is the evil, evil padding, that's the bit that FireBug is looking at. I've put a red box around the two important bits in FireBug, on the left you see the <td> and you see the padding is written in rather than there being an associated style/class. On the right you can see that the padding belongs directly to the element (the <td>) and isn't inherited from any CSS class; you can see that urFontStd, for instance, is an inherited CSS class and the file that it comes from.

If this is the case then there's nothing I can (easily) do about it, is there?

Any more ideas?

Thanks again,

Patrick.

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

So the style is hard coded...

What about using the following workaround:

Use WD tray UI element (it will look as ugly as the an iview tray) (-:

The UI element has promising properties like:

hasContentPadding, paddingBottom, paddingLeft, paddingRight & paddingTop.

Also, try contact SAP support.

If this will not work and you MUST get rid of the padding try to rewrite your WD application as DynPage (I know a guy who can write DynPages much faster than Dynpros...)

Omri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Omri,

I know that guy too... all he does is copy/paste stuff from old projects

I guess your workaround would do the job... of course I'd have to modify the WDTray in the theme to look like my iView tray and that of course would then propagate throughout the portal to all WD applications and all their trays would look like that... fair enough perhaps... perhaps not. I'll let the customer know and let them decide.

I was able to change the colour of the padding at least; so now it's the same colour as the background colour of my iViews... it was of course under 'Application' (external app's) in the Portal Theme Editor.

Thanks again for your help,

Patrick.

EDIT: Actually, even when I remove the iView tray the padding is still present, so using the WDTray in place of the iView tray wouldn't sort it out.

Edited by: Patrick O'Neill on Jun 8, 2008 10:34 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have run into the same problem with extra hardcoded padding. This is on 7.0 ehp1 sp3. Did you ever find a solution?

I'm not running the application in a Tray.

We are upgrading from 6.40 to 7.01 so my guess is that PageBuilder somehow adds an extra container outside my web dynpro that adds the padding.

Our problem is that we get a horizontal scrollbar with applications that are set to use the exact width of the iframe the portal runs it in.

The offending line: <td class="" vAlign="baseline" style="padding-left: 13px; padding-right: 1px; padding-top: 11px;">

Since id has neither ID nor class i cant hack into it with custom css changes.

Any hints?

Cheers!

/Richard Linnander

Edited by: Richard Linnander on Nov 5, 2009 5:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open an OSS message.

Armin

shani_ozeri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

The WD page layouts are out-of-the-box layouts which are defined to have paddings.

Starting from the next portal versions (7.3), customers will be able to use the WD Page Builder APIs and create their own layouts.

It is possible to overcome this by putting the iView directly under the role and configuring the framework page to have no padding.

Have a wonderful day,

Shani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

did you find a solution for this? I have the same problem, in firefox browser appears a scroll bar horizontal.

I would appreciate it if you can help me

Rgds