cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Only 1 client in SAP 4.7

Former Member
0 Kudos

can i install only one client (say for ex 000) with SAP 4.7 IDES and oracle,

(default installation installs all the clients I dont want to have all the clients because of 2 reasons

1) i want to work on ABAP & BASIS

2.) Low Disk Space

Please advice

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

in SAP 4.6 i saw a configuration file where we can customise the installation of central instance

is there any configuration file in SAP 4.7 where we can change some things and then cutomise our installation for single client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

The configuration files (templates) are available for DB, CI, DI instance configuration for ABAP and JAVA.

If you may have noticed in installation steps, SAP does not provide with any option for client selection.

Kindly try the previous options suggested.

Regards,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

From my experience, the installation does not permit you to do that. The data contained in an empty client will not be huge as you are installing a vanilla instance. You will have to follow the sizing requirement of SAP for a new install.

Cheers,

Nisch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohd,

Since you are performing IDES 4.7E, there will sample data (client specific, transactional) in those client.

Thru installation it is not possible to restrict clients, you can perform a client delete after installation. This will free us your hard disk space only.

If your usage is limited for only ABAP and BASIS work, I would suggest you to perform a standard installation instead of IDES. Here you will only get those 3 default client with no application data in it.

Be aware that SAP recommends to create a seperate client with a copy of 000 and avoid 000 or 001 usage.

Regards,

Nilesh