cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIM Client generation settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!!

Does anyone know what User parameter settings i need to specify in CIM Client Generation Settings in Visual Administrator? I need to specify JCO connections in the WD Content Administrator and wanted to define the association between the logical system names used in model declaration and the actual SAP system.

Thanks,

Siva.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again!!

I specified the user parameter settings as suggested (administrator and password for WAS server) but my test connection fails.

I'm also unable to log on to the sld using the same userid and password. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

You have not configured your SLD Server.

Please configure it by following steps on this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/42/3a420910af11d6999400508b6b8b11/frameset.htm

If you are using Sneak Preview version, check this blog.

/people/sugree.phatanapherom/blog/2005/08/14/configuring-sld-in-sneak-preview-sap-netweaver-04-sneak

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

There are two possibilities.

1. Your SLD is not configured properly.

2. Check to which group administrator user assigned.

It should be assigned to administrator group by default. But, because of some changes it is unassigned from tht group then re-assign it.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

In CIM Client Generation Settings-> user parameters settings you need to give username and password information of your system on which SLD is running. If you are using same WAS server for SLD then you can specify username and password of your WAS server.

This user should have LcrinstanceWriterNR security role.

If you use Administrator username then it will work.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

We need to give permissions in Visual Administrator. These permissions enable us to create JCO connections in SLD, Start SLD server etc.

In the above screen we have to give permission to all the domain with “lcr” and “Webdynpro “

host: localhost

port:50000

For user parameter settings give the administrator username and password for WAS server

hope this helps you

Regards

Rohit

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos