SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we transport billing master data like prices,discounts and rates

former_member303766
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anyone please tell me how can we view billing master data like prices,discounts and rates etc. which are to be transported.

Can we see the changes done in the existing rate and its transport request.

Thanks and regards

Mahavir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

SEE BIRENDRA

The thing is that u can see all transport request in se10.

But the changes that you are talking about like rates prices etc. are supposed to be done in the respective client itself

it is not supposed to be done in the development client.

take a note of this ...

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm not clear about u r question...however, if you are trying to transport data to client with in dev server, use SCC1. Otherwise you give the TR details to basis consultant. He'd ensure that it is transported

Hope this helps...if not let me know your Q in details

Rgds

Rajendra

Points!

0 Kudos

Hi,

My question : "Does any transport request gets generated when we make any changes in the rates and in the prices"?.

I have heard that when we make any changes in the rates and in the prices these gets reflected into a table:

Utility Industry - Tools - Transport billing master data.

Can we see all the trasnport requests that are created while changing rate,prices and while creating operands.

Thanks and Regards

Mahavir

0 Kudos

Hello,

"Does any transport request gets generated when we make any changes in the rates and in the prices"?.

Yes

Rgds

Rajendra

0 Kudos

hi,

can we see this request in SE10?

Regards

Mahavir

0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes.

You can also see the TR in SE01.

Table is E070.

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

Points! for previous posts too pls!!!!!

0 Kudos

hi,

I was making some changes in a rate, at that time system did not ask for any request.

Please guide in that case.

Thanks and Regards

Mahavir

0 Kudos

Hello,

Try EQ82. Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

Points????!!!! your '0' for previous posting is de-motivating

0 Kudos

Hi Birendra

When u creating master data means Rate,price,Rate category etc. system not ask for create request number (transport request), actually these things are totaly client dependent.

Means first u create all master data in dev client after testing, create in quality client and last create in production client.

thats y it is not asking for transport request.

if any ques u can ask

Regards

Mandeep Kaur

Edited by: Mandeep Kaur on May 27, 2008 2:28 PM

0 Kudos

hi,

if we have made changes in the test client then how can we transport it to the production server.

Thanks and Regards

Mahavir

0 Kudos

hi,

the above question i asked is relevant with the rate changes.

Regards

Mahavir

0 Kudos

Hi

If u want to create same changes in production, so u do all things in production means whatever u do in test server make all things in production, for make changes in production open production client in modify mode then u can change in production.

u can't transfer the master data from test server to production .

well do this if any ques then tell me

Regards

Mandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Be careful while transporting the billing master data because the object have very complex relation to each other.

pl follow the link:

IMG->SAP Utilities->Tools->TransportTransport Billing Master Data.

thanks and regards

Deepak.

0 Kudos

hi deepak,

Thank you deepak, but I knew this thing....but how can we transport it to the some other client....

Regards

Mahavir

0 Kudos

Hello,

if you are trying to transport data to client with in dev server, use SCC1. Otherwise you give the TR details to basis consultant. He'd ensure that it is transported

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

SEE BIRENDRA

The thing is that u can see all transport request in se10.

But the changes that you are talking about like rates prices etc. are supposed to be done in the respective client itself

it is not supposed to be done in the development client.

take a note of this ...

0 Kudos

hi,

can we debug billing schema or rate?

Thanks and Regards

Mahavir

0 Kudos

Put a break point in the variant program attached to your step in billing schema, and try billing, system will stop at the billing schema.

Else you can do '/h' before executing easibi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello fellow members.

I've been doing some considerable testing in creating/changing price, rate, schemas, rate category, etc.

I could transport the price without any problem (at least from DEV to QA).

I guess we don't have any other option but to replicate the changes to rates, schema, etc in PROD.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Just wanted to mention that SAP IS-U clients prior to ECC 6.0 require you to make rate, schema, and rate category changes in each system because it's considered "master data". (i.e., you can't transport them between development, testing, and production systems). However the ECC 6.0 / ERP 2005 release has a new option which allow you to move rates, rate categories, schemas, etc between systems by creating a "download" file of the data from the system which contains your changes and then you upload that file into the target system. The transactions to do this are EA_DOWNLOAD (to download your rates, rate categories, etc.) and then EA_UPLOAD (which you run in the target system to upload those updates) and EA_TRANSPORT. Also, some larger companies on releases prior to ECC 6.0 have chosen to have custom programs developed which mimick this process provided in ECC 6.0. If the company/client you're working with has the budget necessary and is on a release prior to ECC 6.0 then you could recommend that they have a custom program developed which would allow you to follow this process.

Also, not sure about releases prior to ECC 6.0 for this next part, but you can also choose to move PRICES via transports instead of the download/upload option in ECC 6.0.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahavir,

If still you need some info on transporting, please find below.

Step 1:

Use the T-code SE10.

Request type u2013 Customizing requests, Workbench request

Request Status u2013 Modifiable

You will find the request which needs to be transported. The first one is the request and the next one is the task.

Click the task first which needs to be transported and click the truck icon

Note:

In some case you find some requests which is mentioned as "Not transport", Never transport those requests.

Step 2:

After step1 you will see the task marked with tick mark.

Now click the request on top of the task and click the truck icon.

Always click the task first and then click the request.

Refresh the screen. You will find system where the request would be sent

Step 3:

Now go to the transport management system by using the T-code STMS

Click the truck icon. It takes you to the screen where you can find all the available systems.

Double click the target system which we need to transport the task. It takes you to the import screen.

Refresh the screen.

After you refresh the screen, in the bottom you can see a new request which is imported.

Select the request and click the truck icon. Enter.

Click YES. It confirms the user by checking the username and password.

Now you can see the request is transporting.

Now refresh the system. You will find the green tick or a yellow triangle symbol. This shows the request is transported.

Select the protocol icon to see the request and the import time.

Step 4:

Always refresh the test system by using the T-code SWU_OBUF.

Click synchronization start.

Abdul Basith