cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration Builder Start error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an XI 3.0 installed on a Win2000/SQL2000 system.

My link http://xi:50000/rep/start/index.jsp works fine on both Server and Client systems.

But on the client system, on clicking on Integration Repository, I get the error fro mthe Java Web Start:

-

An error occurred while launching/running the application.

Title: Integration Builder

Vendor: SAP AG

Category: Download Error

Unable to load resource: http://xi:50000/rep/repository/aii_ibrep_client.jar

-

JNLPException[category: Download Error : Exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect : LaunchDesc: null ]

at com.sun.javaws.cache.DownloadProtocol.doDownload(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.cache.DownloadProtocol.getDownloadSize(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.downloadJarFiles(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.downloadEagerorAll(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.downloadResources(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.handleApplicationDesc(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.handleLaunchFile(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

-

Java Web Start 1.4.2_10 Console, started Tue Dec 06 10:14:31 AST 2005

Java 2 Runtime Environment: Version 1.4.2_10 by Sun Microsystems Inc.

-

Please note that this problem is coming only on a system which is not on the same domain as the server. But if Im able to access the initial XI start page, then I should not have problems to open the IR too!!!

My environment variables correctly point to the webstart and the webstart properties have no proxies and correctly pointing JRE version too!!

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards,

Shobhit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had similar problems accessing ID/IR from different sub domains.If you have at least one desktop on which it works fine you can try the following.

1.Open Java Web Start[on the desktop where it works fine]

2.Go to File>Preferences>Advanced tab.

3.Check the value for Applications folder.

4.Copy all the files from this folder to the Webstart Applications folder of the machine where it is giving you this error.

5.Now try accessing ID/IR.

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Felix, I tried the debug mode... no success.. n that link seems to be not working..

Amol, on the client where the IB and IR works fine, the specified path in the webstart>File>Preferences-->Advanced tab has no file contents..

Regards,

Shobhit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shobhit,

If you have XI 3.0 and SP 9 and jdk 1.5.0 or greater you are sure to get this error. You must use jre between 1.4.2_06 to 1.4.2_09 and not 1.5!!

If you have SP greater than 11 then you can use jre 1.5.0 or greater.

So, uninstall all th jre alone on the client and reinstall jre 1.4.2_09. Sometimes you might have updated from internet directly. Try uninstalling the upgrade.

regards,

Felix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shobhit,

The problem may also be due to incompatible version of the JDK environment which JWS uses.The JDK environment should be 1.4.7 or 1.4.9 latest than that may also stay incompatible.

Check for your JDK environment .

regards,

aravindh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

I tried that no difference...

Aravindh, on my server and on the other client machine it runs well with 1.4.2.10 but only on this particular machine the error appears.

So it is definitely not a version issue.

Regards,

Shobhit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shobhit,

did you try to reboot the system after the change? also it is important to have tabs between the values...

What happens if you open a command prompt and try to ping the system without fqdn, does it resolve the hostname or not?

best regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shobhit,

Try starting Webstart in debug mode.

C:\Progra1\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\javaws.exe -Xdebug -Dnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,address=8118 "-Djnlpx.home=C:\Progra1\Java\jre1.5.0_05\" "-Djnlpx.heapsize=NULL,NULL" "-Djnlpx.jvm=C:\Progra~1\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\java

Replace "C:\Progra~1\Java\jre1.5.0_05" with the correct jre path of yourself. There you will get an option of clearing any disconnected cache (sometimes not visible to normal java webstart dialog)

Try this and tell me. I am sure u can go in.

If even this fails, leave java webstart. There is another webstart called netx where u can even bypass the security features ;). You can use that instead of default java webstart by sun.

u can get netx from

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/jnlp/netx-0.5.zip

Enjoy...

Best regards,

Felix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Shobhit ,

In java web start goto

File-->Preference

Under Proxies,

choose the radio button -- none.

I guess your problem is solved.

regards,

aravindh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravindh,

Ive already tried that!! No success!!

Regards,

Shobhit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shobhit,

What about the advanced tab in the Java plugin settings, have you tried that?

Make sure you have there the entry:

JRE 1.4.2_xx in <JRE Local Path>

Click apply.

Cheers,

Roberto

Message was edited by: Roberto Viana

Former Member
0 Kudos

No success!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think your problem is that you try to access a system without fully qualified domain name, which resides in a different domain. This will always lead to errors unless you have explicitly entered the system in the host file. Go to
WINNT\system32\drivers\etc open the file hosts with the editor and enter one line like:

144.144.1.1 xibox xibox.fully.qualified.com

After that the client system should be able to identify the xibox and use the IP adress given.

best regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try refreshing the cache;

Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Java plug-in -> (tab) Cache -> Click Reset and then apply.

After this try again to load the jars from the server. Also you might want to look at you security settings in your browser. Sometimes these settings prevent the Java client from downloading jar's from any server.

Cheers,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

THanks for your suggestion.. but it still does not work and give me the same error!!

btw, where should i copy the jar files to?? to the cache path of the java plugin or to the cache of the java webstart.. i ve copied in oth place.. all the jar files.. but still of no use..

Regards,

Shobhit