cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sample quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I need some clarification how system will calculate the sample quanity?

1.My Sample Drawing procedure-xxxx

Consider sampling container, and sample draw item; lot container-barrel, toPar samlple no= 4 u2013 Primary sample ,size factor=1 ,(no.of physical sample u2013formula - sqrt(p2)+1)

Pooled sampleu2014size factor1, fixed sample-1

2. Sampling Procedureyyyy;

Sampling type= use sample scheme

Valuation mode= mean value within tolerance

Inspection point--- Sample management

3.sampling scheme u2013 inspection severirty normal

If lot size is 100,sample 20

I assigned the Sample drawing procedure xxxx and insp.point 200 @inspection plan header level,

Sampling procedure assigned yyyy and Part sample no- 4 assigned at open. Level of MIC and sample unit is Litre and base sample quanity is 1.

When inpection lot created for 50gal with 4 containers, system is creating 3primary and 1 pooled sample that is correct. But how system is calculating the sample quantity as each primary sample 63.089Lit and Pooled sample as 189.267(3primary sample = 1 pooled thatu2019s correct)

My question is how system calculating the 63.089Lit.

Please guide me, sorry for the long descriptionu2026u2026

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sami,

Pls elobrate your sampling scheme again. It seems from here that schema is not working over here in this case, may be because your Lot sice is not corresponding to it or due to some ohter reason, but what I can derive, your scheme is not wroking, because,,,,,,,

The conversion factor for gal to lit is some,, 1gal=3.785412 Lit, according to it 50gal (your Lot size) = 189.2706 lit. And yor total number of physical same is 3 (from your SDP) so system is deviding the lot size / number of physical samle,

This is the picture I can assume from your thread.

Now pls let me know,

What is the sample size u'ave defined in the tasklist?

What is the sample type you have defined the Sampling Type? It must reperesent the Scheama, but as per the sample calculation you have described it seems that it may have "FIXED SAMPLE".

Update us to help you more!!!. And reward points (if helpfull) to help you better!!!!

Regards,

Shyamal Joshi

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe the problem resides somewhere in your UOM. The system is seeing each barrel as the BUOM. Hence a sample size of 1 equates to 1 barrel. Sampling procedure does not utilize the sample lot container in any calculations. Sample lot container is informational only.

Is the materials BUOM a barrel? Or is it a Liter or gallon.

What is the UOM shown in your inspection plan?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Joshi and Craig

thanks for your reply

my base unit of measure is Gallon and for sample quanity Uom is Lit and i gave conversion for 1Gal= 3.785lit

I didn't assign the Sampling scheme to my Sample drawing procedure

In SDP I gave size factor as 1

In my inspection plan 2mic has sample quanity 1lit.

what I tought is system will create sample quanity as 1lit(1 primary sample =1/3 lit) and pooled sample quanity 1lit.

but it is not? why

if i am wrong ,what parameter i need to change to get 1lit of primary sample(which is taken from 3containers)

thanks

sami