cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not coming on NW7.1 client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created one appliaction in NW7.1.I have created the data objects..defined distribution rule and dependency..Now i am able to see the data in all my Dataobjects in DOE but i am not able to see the data in data in Distribution tab of metamodel.

What can be the reason..I cannot see any data in outbound queue also.Is there any way to check client if data is there?

Thanks & Regards

Devendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devendra,

Yes, outbound queue is the right location to look for the data.

However, before doing this, make sure you check the following.

1. The DMSWCV for the model must be operational. You can check this by viewing the DMSWCV tab in the Device Details. The checkbox must be ticked.

If it is not ticked (DMSWCV is not operational) you will not get the data.

It can be made operational in 2 ways:

- Through the application deployment at client. You should have assigned an application to the device from DOE, so once the application flows to the device and is installed, (after around 2 - 3 syncs after registration; your application should show status as Successfully installed) the DMSWCV automatically becomes operational.

- Directly assign the DMSWCV to the device, in the Device Management screen. It will become operational.

2. Make sure you have activated the rule after doing an initial download. If you have done initial download with an active rule, then try deactivating and activating the rule. (This has to be done from NWMA -> Rule Administration)

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards,

Wenonah

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since the issue is that inspite the rule being active, the data has not come down to the outbound queue.

Try View Metadata ->Distribution Model ->Rules tab and check if the Subcription column has any entries. If none, that means none of the devices have subcribed for this rule.

You will then need to check for your relevant device, if the DMSWCV is operation.

Hope this helps,

Poornima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poornima,

I checked the subscription column there are no entries.I checked DMSWCV that is operational.

What could be the reason..What else i can do..Also under the disrtibution model->Data object-> If you check the Data object table for association table data i am not able to see any data.What could be the reason?

Thanks & Regards

Devendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devendra,

The subscription column having no entries suggest that,no device is bound to your rule. Create a new device, enable it and assign the relevant DMSWCV to it(the dmscv needs to be operational as mentioned above) .Still if the assosication table is empty, we need to evaluate the rule.

Does the rule have any device attribute mapping for your rule or is it a bulk rule?

Regards,

Poornima

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devendra,

There could be so many reasons for not having subscriptions for the device. Please check the following things:

1) Device should be enabled to calculate the subscriptions for any rule. This can be checked from "Device Adminstration" section.

2) If device binding is specified as "NONE" while creating distribution rule, then subscriptions will not be calculated unless we assign the distribution rule to the device manually from adminstration. So, check the device binding values from the distribution rule details which will be displayed in workbench.

Regards,

Siva.

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have done all the configuration for the application distribution model . Then you may have a look on the outbound and inbound queue tcode: smq1 is there any block queue.

thanks.