cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Payment Posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a seperate accounting system that handles customer payments. The customer pays us and this payment is recorded in the external system. The G/L Accounts in the external system are in line with the chart of accounts in SAP R/3. Now we would like to post this incoming payment into SAP. This means that in essence we would like to post a F-28 transaction so that the invoice is cleared in SAP R/3. Has anyone done this before? Does an IDoc/BAPI already exist to carry this function out?

Thanks,

Miguel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Miguel,

Have you looked at IDOC types INVOIC01 and INVOIC02.? It might be the ones for your requirement.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please reward the helpful posts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

It appears that the IDOC types INVOIC01 and INVOIC02 are only to post invoices.

I actually need to post the customer payment document.

This creates a financial document of type DZ in FI.

Thanks,

Miguel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Miguel,

Pardon my lack of knowledge in the FI area. Did you look at the following BAPI's?

BAPI_INCOMINGINVOICE_CREATE - MM

BAPI_BILLINGDOC_CREATE - SD

Will these solve your problem?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

No problem about your knowledge of FI. Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately both these BAPI's won't work either for this situation.

The first BAPI actually does the invoice verification from the vendor and the second BAPI creates the billing document to the customer.

These 2 BAPI's are actually the step before my situation comes along.

In other words we first create an invoice to the customer using the 2nd BAPI and then the customer pays us that invoice. It is that actual payment of the invoice that I would like to send up to SAP.

Thanks,

Miguel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will need to use message type REMADV, as well setup up the FI customising to automatically clear the documents in FI.

Thanks,

Miguel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to use REMADV for the same purpose and am unable to get the idoc to post -- I just posted a question on the forum and then saw your post -- do you have a list of the fields I need to populate in the idoc? any advice for the error below?

I am unable to get REMC to post at all -- do you have a sample file or data you can share so I can see how to populate the idoc -- right now I have --

KU1-Document = REM

KU1-Reference number = REFNUM1

KU5-qualifier = '001'

KU5-amount = '52.00'

KU5-currency = 'USD'

B02-type = 'BA'

B02-BankID = '011000390' dummy bank

B02-country = 'US'

B02-accountnum ='12345678'

B02-Curr = 'US'

KA1-ParFun = 'AG'

KA1-Partner = '0000000001'

PU1-msg name = 'INV'

PU1-number = '9400000003'

PU5-qual = '001'

PU5-amount = '52.00'

K14-qual ='011'

K14-org = 'BP01'

I am trying to get the doc to post and get an error 'Company code could not be determined for intermediate document 0000000000007220' please help

Answers (0)