cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how-to exchanging data between 2 components (sender-receiver) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I've seen some topics on how to exchange parameters between 2 components (but embedded one). What I would like to achieve is to exchange parameters/values between 2 components in a same web-dynpro application.

For example, component 1 expects user-input, on a go-button, this closes component 1, starts component 2 and passes the input.

The example in the help is 2 views in the same component, but I want 2 components and each has 1 view without embedding the one in the other (using viewsets to display)...

Any ideas how to get this working (interfaces, plugs, ... )

any help is welcome !

regards,

Stefaan Ovaere.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefaan,

one possibility is to use an outbound plug of the used Sender component's interface view for transporting:

1. The on-go button fires the outbound plug with at least one parameter representing the payload.

2. The receiver component's interface view which should be "started" by the go-action has a similar inbound plug (same parameter signature).

3. The component, which uses the interface views of sender and receiver in it's view assembly defines a link between the outbound plug of sender and inbound plug of receiver.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefaan,

Maybe you can use two custom controllers and call one of the controllers as a used controller from the other one.

Best Regards, Ritu