cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please suggest the design for the scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My scenario is File(Legacy)->XI->File(SAP)

I need to put the file from the application server of the legacy system to the application server of the SAP system.

And i need to pass the application server name(where we will put the file fetched from legacy system) to the selection screen( submit program via selection screen) of the FF_5 transaction of the SAP system.

Please suggest me the design.

Thanks

Debraj Roy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case my apllication server name will be fixed also the file name will be fixed but the timestamp will change.

Please suggest me the design.

Debraj Roy.

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you need XI for just that small requirement?Use FTP api's provided by SAP.

0 Kudos

Hi Debraj

I would suggest simply using a file adapter on the legacy side and an ABAP proxy or RFC on the SAP side. Assuming you do not need a mapping along the way, i.e. the file is to be transfered unchanged, here is what I would suggest:

Add the PayloadSwapModule to your file adapter to effectively turn the file into an attachment.

Route the message to an ABAP proxy (without doing any mapping).

In the ABAP proxy, access the attachment - your original file - and save it to a temp directory on the server; submit the program; and finally, delete the temporary file.

The message- and datatype you define for generating the proxy are essentially dummy-types so you could define the datatype as a simple string. Unless you wish to use a mapping program to provide e.g. additional parameters to FF_5 in which case you can define the datatype accordingly - all without affecting your original file because it is merely an attachment.

Best regards,

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debraj,

You can develop a normal File - XI - File interface to move the data from the Legacy system to your SAP system.

However, the second requirement of your is a little weird. Before we suggest a answer to that, is your target file / location always going to remain the same or are you planning to use a dynamic file name? I don't think I have straight forward solution for the same.

regards,

Ravi