cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Servers not showing up in Server Explorer...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just installed v2 of NCO and everything has installed fine. Also tested a previous application written for v1 NCO and works fine.

But for some reason or other I can no longer create a sapproxy with V2. I followed the tutorial in VS2003 to the tutorial point in bold:

Procedure

1. In Visual Studio .net create a new Visual Basic or C# Console application

2. Add an SAP client proxy to your project as follows:

a. From the Project menu in Visual Studio .net, select Add New Item.

b. Select SAP Connector Proxy as a template and choose Open.

c. Switch to the VS .NET Server explorer.

<b>d. Right-click on SAP Servers and select Add Server.</b>

All I have is a Servers node that lists previous servers and a data connection node for SQLServer. There is no node called SAP Servers. Obviously this is the fundamental reason why I cant create a proxy as per tutorial notes.

Maybe the installation may have missed something, but I had no problems with the installation at all and like I said apps I had written in V1 are working.

Please help...

thanks

Kurt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kurt,

Did you try clicking the "Refresh" button located on the top of the server-explorer window?

Regards,

Ofer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ofer, that worked a treat. I new was something simple, but didn't realise how simple. The old refresh trick, I guess in this day an age you automatically think everything is refreshed automatically, not so thats the second time I've been caught like that.

Cheers

Kurt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ofer, I spoke too soon.

I now have the SAP servers coming up and the BOR and Functions folders now. But When I try to create a filter on functions as per tutorial for <b>"RFC_CUST*"</b> it says incorrect username and password. I have tried refreshing this time and still comes up with a RED cross.

This is the same user account as used in NCO v1 app that is currently working with V2 of NCO. I have tried with uppercase password but still no luck.

This is the connection string constructed by proxy:

ASHOST=yamba SYSNR=1 CLIENT=300 USER=dotnetconn PASSWD=ALLREADY LANG=en

Something seems a little weird.

Kurt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ofer, no need to reply.

Everything is now working perfectly under the BOC and function filters.

Cheers

Kurt

Answers (0)