cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call the RFC from XI system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

My requirement is RFC to RFC scenario i.e SAP to XI to Third party system.

I have the BAPI_EUQI_CREATE rfc, this RFC is available in ECCsystem, that RFC I imported in XI system, so third party system how to call this RFC.

please give me the suggestion it is very helpful.

Regards,

Shalini Shah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you mentioned it is RFC to RFC scenario...Sender Side is SAP but what exactly at the Receiver side? I mean RFC call from ECC to XI then to whom XI will make a call?? Is it an RFC call to the receiver if yes then what sort of RFC you are going to call at receiver side and in which system it exist?

Thanks

Abid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shalini shah,

Dear Friends,

I have the BAPI_EUQI_CREATE rfc, this RFC is available in ECCsystem, that RFC I imported in XI system, so third party system how to call this RFC.

please give me the suggestion it is very helpful.

1.First you import your RFC

2.Your message interface will be INBOUND (SYNS or AYSNC as per your requriement) you need not to creat any outbound interface because RFC is an interface level because of that you dont requrie message types and data types.

3. once you done with it then go for message mapping and interface mapping then go for ID part.

4. as you are going for 3rd party system there will be one business system for your ECC system and one business service for your 3rd party system.

5.in reciver determination your sender will be your RFC and reciver will be your 3rd party system name.

6.in interface determination give your inboud interface name which you have specified in your IR part and also give interface mapping.

7.in sender agreement specify your sender CC.

8.reciver aggrement specify your reciver CC.

If you have any further question ask me.

But any ways iam sending your one blog just gothrough it, its RFC - SOAP Scenario it will be similar steps

/people/community.user/blog/2006/10/24/exposing-bapi-as-web-services-through-sap-xi

Reward points if this helps

Thanks

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here what is your third party application.???

Based on that application we can use the correct adapter( Ex: File system means File Adapter)

I have the BAPI_EUQI_CREATE rfc, this RFC is available in ECCsystem, that RFC I imported in XI system

This is correct for Sender side.

And receiver side either we have to develop or if xsd or wsdl is available means we can import that structure into XI

Regards

Seshagiri

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shalini,

You have create a RFC in the 3rd party system and import that RFC in XI System using 3rd party adapter.Do the necessary mapping and configure the sender RFC Adapter and at receiver side configure 3rd paty Adapter.

The 3rd party adapters must be installed via Deploy Tool or JSPM. But u should have a sda file with the adpater content.

see here for more details on JSPM

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5006901f-925c-2910-5f98-9ae26cc0...

For more info:

If you still want to do it,

1. Import the RFCs of sender and of receiver.

2. Do the necessary mapping.

3. Configure sender and receiver RFC adapters.

Before that check if you have RFC destination for the RFC adapter. If not You should establish it. To establish an RFC destination for the RFC adapter.

1. Call the transaction Display and Maintain RFC Destinations (SM59).

2. Select an existing RFC destination of type ABAP Connections (for example, ABAP_Old) by double-clicking it.

3. Choose Destination ® Copy and copy the RFC destination using a new name (for example, ABAP_New).

4. Save the new RFC destination (ABAP_New) and delete the old RFC destination (ABAP_Old).

5. Create a new RFC destination (for example, RFC_Adapter) of type T (TCP/IP connection) as the RFC destination for the RFC adapter.

6. Select the registration type Registered Server Program and in the Program ID field enter the corresponding program ID from the configuration of the sender RFC adapter.

7. In the Gateway host and Gateway service fields, enter the gateway host and gateway service from the configuration of the sender RFC adapter.

8. If the sender system is a Unicode system, define the RFC destination as Unicode.

9. Using the name of the old ABAP connection (ABAP_Old), create a new RFC destination of type L (logical destination with reference entry).

10. In the Reference Entry field enter the RFC destination (RFC_Adapter) for the RFC adapter.

For more details take a look at this link. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/25/76cd3bae738826e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Dont forget to Reward points if this helps

Regards

Pragathi.

Edited by: Pragathi on May 24, 2008 7:21 AM