cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer Popup IView not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I have added a popup iview according to the steps in the VC book from SAP Press and other online demos, but the Popup Iview doesn't apppear in a seperate window above the current browser. It replaces the callling IView. Is there some step I missed or a bug?

Regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys -

I realized after some playing that the calling IView needed to be bigger. I was opening a popup IView within a very small header area. The popup IView was much larger, thus appearred to replace it, but in fact it was showing INSIDE the calling IView. The popup IView does not truly open a new IE window as I was expecting.

I since the made the calling IView a full page and it appears now.

Question - Can the popup IView be made to open another IE browser window?

Thanks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good ,first we have to try for solutions for our own Qusetions .

Popupwill be open in the same window not in the another I.E Browser window.

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you can see in the Configure Element panel of the pop-up in the source iView layer, you can see a property called "Target iView", which means you can have the pop-up open only in the same browser.

To navigate away from the current browser, you could use hyperlink action

Hope it was helpful

Regards,

Vani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vani,

Can I get a scroll bar on the bottom of a table output? I have ten fields, but ony want to show the first 5 then scroll to the right to see the other 5.

Thanks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can get the scroll bar at bottom of the table.

Change the layout out of your table so that in the layout you can see only five fileds i.e columns.

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Yes you can view as many columns as reqd.

For this, you can go to the layout tab of the table, and widen the column width of the each of the first 5 columns till the 5 fit in the runtime screen. you canthen scroll right to see the rest of the columns.

Regards,

Vani

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

as Benny mentioned check the settings of the iView. For further support here in the forum please post your configuration (SPS of your installation, your browser and so on). You can also post your model here, so that other users can reproduce your issue. I also will check it on my systems.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

this souns pretty strange. Are you sure the iView you called is of type "popup"? Rightclick on the iView, select "Configure..." and have a look at the right, whether it is of type "popup".

Then, go to your main iView and select the icon whicht calls the popup, click whith your rigt and choose "change target". Select (again) the popup iView and retry.

The behaviour you describe never occured to me.

Kindest Regards,

Benni