cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why cant I do client copy with SAP_ALL from 000

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have installed NW7 and I have created a client but now its not allowing me to do client copy with SAP_ALL profile. Its say I am allowed to only SAP_CUST. Could someone explain me this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First time you create a new client, SAP strongly recommends using profile SAP_CUST for client copy. So whenever you enter SAP_ALL, it gives you a warning pop up for using SAP_CUST instead of using SAP_ALL.

You might be getting this warning, if yes, you can ignore it and continue your activity, else please post the error details you are getting.

Regards

Rahul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are strongly advised to use the profile SAP_CUST to copy client 000 to create your first client because the consistency of the application data in the SAP delivery client is not guaranteed.

The newly-created client contains the initial user id SAP* with the password PASS, which you can use to copy a client.

The user SAP* is inactive by default in a new client. To activate the user SAP*, set the profile parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar to 0, and restart the application server

For more information, check the Note 550894 - CC-ADMIN: Setting up a new client in service.sap.com/notes.

Award points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, let me explain in more detail. I logged on to 000 client, create client 800 and logged on with SAP* and password PASS. Initially it didn't allowed me to login with SAP. I added new parameter for logon sapuser with value 0 in the instance profile and restarted the instance. Now after login with SAP user i tried to copy 000 with SAP_ALL profile, it gave me warning that I should use SAP_CUST(Please explain why it is recommended to use SAP_CUST profile) but I continued with SAP_ALL, it only gave me options for Resource analysis or Simulation. I tried both and checked the log, it ran only in Test mode even though I have not selected the Test mode option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill

The answer to your query, why SAP_CUST has to be used, is very well explained in the post by Phani.

Regarding no authorization, it is really strange to note that. With SAP* there should not be authorization issue in SCCL.

Rahul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Please make logical system entries for the new client in BD54 and assign it to new client in SCC4 and if client is set to production, make it test client and try client copy again.

Hope this would help.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its strange that you are not able to copy the SAP_ALL. Basically the process is to login into the new client with SAP* user then perform a local client copy from 000 and profile should be SAP_ALL.

Regards

Subhash