cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxy generation descrepencies with filed and method...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have two question regarding ABAP Proxies.

The first one when i regenerate proxy for a interface, It is not generating the same filed as before and my ABAP program fails.

I have Internal_organization_Descri -- Now, It is not giving same field rather It is giving Internal_organization_Descr

It is missing 'i'

One more problem is It is chaging method also

Previously it was showing "Sales_order_Sync"

Now, It is showing method as EXECUTE_SYNCHRONOUS

Why It is these proxies behave differently, is there Service Pack dependency.. What is the best way to avoid these descripencies...Pls help

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for response. But, This is really strange issue

I have generated proxies in two ECC systems with same XI content. I just export and imported to other XI box.

It is fine with first ECC which is SP13 and the method name it generated is not EXECUTE_SYNCHRONOUS..It generated with interface name...like Sales_ORDER_Sync

Now the problem is with other system which is SP11...I changed couple of interface in one of the namespace which is generating method as EXECUTE_SYNC while others are showing method names as interface name...

Why it is generating differently...in the strucutre for one field it is different...why it is different if i don't do any changes to datatypes ot message types..is it mean it generated differently if it is there in system, but still it is not identified by program.

Pls help.. it is confusing

Srinivas

siddhesh_pathak4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you get the cause of the reason it is not showing the Execute_Async.. I am facing the same issue...Will you please let us know what was the cause of it....Thanks it would br great help...

vijay_kumar133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

What ever you are seeing is correct.

In previous packs when u genarate proxy class it use to generate EXECUTE_SYNCHRONOUS and the same as been changed to message interface name in new service packs.. in your case(Sales_ORDER_Sync)...

So now tell me what exactly you isssue is...

if you existing system has upgraded to new service packs if you need to change code in proxy just regenarate the proxy class now the method ftrom EXECUTE_SYNCHRONOUS will change to message interface name..

if this give you clear idea i hope if not tell me exactly what the issue is..

Regards

Vijay

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasa,

1) Actually the field values should not change while regenerating the proxy.There may be some mistake in the data type or in message type or in mapping can you please check that once.

2) This is correct method EXECUTE_SYNCHRONOUS

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ee5bc490-0201-0010-e9b5-a258cf08...

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

1) Have u activated the data type,if you did any modification?

2) Try to referesh cache

3) Go to R3->SPROXY->select message interface->right click->regenarate

4) Save it and activate it.

or

I suggest to "delete" proxy and skip "deleting implementing class".

Just for your own safety copy the proxy method implementation code. Then, generate proxy as you do it from scratch.

Reward points if this helps

Regards

Pragathi.

Edited by: Pragathi on May 24, 2008 12:12 PM

Edited by: Pragathi on May 24, 2008 12:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the explantion about your doubts on ABAP Proxy.

1. The field names might be changed based on the changes in XI in Data type for this field.

Whenver you will be regenerating the ABAP Proxy, it considers the Message type and internally the Data types that have created in XI. So any changes in these objects may lead to change.

Verify your field names in XI

2. The Method to be used to call ABAP proxy is EXECUTE_SYNCHRON for Synchronous communciation and EXECUTE_ASYNCHRONOUS for async communication. These methods are used in ABAP source code. So please let me know where you had find this method "Sales_order_Sync"

The EXECUTE_SYNCHRON is the proper method.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Refer

ABAP Proxy outbound program - purchase order send

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/abap%2bproxy%2boutbound%2bprogram%2b-%2bp...

ABAP Proxy inbound program - sales order creation - Community Profiles - Wiki

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/abap%2bproxy%2binbound%2bprogram%2b-%2bsa...

Thanks

Swarup