cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First sync problem with MI 2.5 SP 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have installed the MI client(SP 13) and set the data compression entry in the config file to false then tried to sync but iam getting a error.I am doing the first sync to get Device ID.

i am pasting the complete error

[20051205 08:36:29:540] W [MI/Sync ] Synchronisation problems

com.sap.ip.me.api.sync.SyncException: Format of the synchronization inbound file is not supported; Check sync gateway

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.in.BinaryInboundReader.readProlog(BinaryInboundReader.java:236)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.in.BinaryInboundReader.(BinaryInboundReader.java:104)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerMerger.processInboundContainers(SyncManagerMerger.java:59)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.processSyncCycle(SyncManagerImpl.java:709)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.syncForUser(SyncManagerImpl.java:1142)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.processSynchronization(SyncManagerImpl.java:770)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.synchronizeWithBackend(SyncManagerImpl.java:402)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.synchronizeWithBackend(SyncManagerImpl.java:285)

at com.sap.ip.me.api.sync.SyncManager.synchronizeWithBackend(SyncManager.java:79)

at com.sap.ip.me.apps.jsp.Home$SyncRunnable.run(Home.java:447)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

my SAP WAS is 6.40 sp 09

Thanks and Regards

Gopi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

There is another thread in this forum, which discusses this same problem. It was posted by Mr. Javier Morago with the title 'Problems with MI SP13'. Though several solutions were proposed, I assume from his replies, none of them solved his problem. You may try one of those; maybe it might just help you out.

If it doesn't help try to upgrade your MI client to SP14. Your application will definitely work there.

Best Regards,

Rahul

If this helps, don't forget to assign me points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for that Rahul

How do i upgrade the client to sp14 from sp13, i could not find a full version for MI2.5 sp14 in the SAP downloads?

Thanks and Regards

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

SP14 has no complete version. It only has patches 01 and 02 both of which are available on service.sap.com.

As you have SP13 already present on your Mobile device you need not follow the first two steps mentioned below.

1. First, download and install MI Client 2.5 SP13 Patch00 on your laptop.

2. Create a new user on the client, configure 'settings' and then sync with the server to get an deviceID.

3. Upload the ADD_ONs SP13 patch 02, SP14 Patch 00 and then SP14 patch02 to the webconsole via http://<your_host>:50000/me/WebConsole/login (It has to an ADD_ON)

4. For each ADD_ON perform:

a.Assign the ADD_ON to your device (deviceID) via the webconsole.

b. Sync with the client.

c. Restart the client.

d. You should get a message that there is an application that needs to be installed, press the START button.

e. Restart your device

f. Check in the INFO link on your device if it has really installed ...

You have to follow this sequence as you cannot install SP14 directly (as it not being a complete package).

Hope this helps. All the best.

Regards,

Rahul

If this work, don't forget to assign me points .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

take a look at my answer in this thread:

Cheers,

Bart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

the problem for me is that i haven't done the first sync so i don't have a device id yet. I think it is not possible through the webconsole for me.

Thanks and Regards

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

Did you try using the fully qualified domain name in the server field? (in this format <server.domain.com> ?

Best Regars,

Bart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

Also take a look at the solution I provided in this thread:

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Bart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

Did you check thread which I had mentiond in the first reply? If didn't help, reinstall SP13. Also check whether your .prop file set properly on not.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bart and Rahul

Even with fully qualified server name it is giving the same error."Format of the synchronization inbound file is not supported; Check sync gateway ".

Rahul regarding the thread you mention i didnt get any solution for my problem from it.I have already tried reinstalling the mi client but getting the same problem and also the prop file is ok as i have already used the mi server for me2.1 client.

can anybody provide me with the MI 2.5 sp01 or later full version not the sp 13 which i already have

Thanks and Regards

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gopi,

Version 13 should work, please try installing it again without changing the compression settings or whatever in the property file before the first sync.

also Paresh Mishra wrote a good blog on how to set up your device.

/people/paresh.mishra2/blog/2005/12/04/configuring-mobile-device-upgrading-to-sp14-mi-25

This might help as well.

Cheers,

Bart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bart

If i don't change the compression setting then i am getting a error "Synchronisation problems: Transport-layer (http) sync exception raised (root cause: Exception while synchronizing (java.io.IOException: Not in GZIP format)) "

I also saw the blog from Paresh it would be useful only if i have a Device ID .but to get the device id i have to sync first that the problem i am facing no able to sync.

Thanks and Regards

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

Might be a long shot, but take a look at SAP note 639233. it says you need to adjust something in your J2EE engine. I know the note is for MobileEngine 2.1 but it couldn't hurt to check it out.

Did you by any chance upgrade your system from ME 2.1 to MI 2.5?

Cheers,

Bart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

If I am not wrong you had installed JDK 1.3.x for your ME2.1 Client. Try installing JDK 1.4.x. Please let me know if this works.

Another complete version of MI client is SP09, just in case you need it.

All the best

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gopi,

if this doesn't help you could also disable the compression in the kernel by adding the following parameter in transaction RZ10.

ict/disable_compression = true # default value: "false"

This works from Kernel 6.40 patch 7.

You do need to restart the system for the parameter to become active.

Cheers,

Bart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Bart : I could not fine the file mentioned in the SAP note 639233.regarding the SAP WAS system it is 640 sp09, ME2.1 was not working with this server on Sync BO part hence i had to go for MI2.5 spxx.

In the transaction RZ10 i could not find the ict/disable_compression parameter.

Rahul : MI2.5 is working on both jdk 1.3 and also j2sdk 1.4 and where can i get SP09 i could not find it in the SAP downloads

Thanks and Regards

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

I know MI should work on JDK1.3 as well as JDk1.4, but it might work just out. While installing MI Client on my device I had gone to many problems which were shouldn't have arise. That why I suggested it.

You will find SP09 in service.sap.com/swdc. Try searching with 'SP09' in search text box.

All the best,

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gopi,

you cannot find the parameter because it is not documented as you can read in the note.

for the full download of MI client SP13 goto:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~swdc/002007974700000253932005D/MI25SP13FULL_0-10002889.zip?_ACTION=DL_DIREC...

The full MI client SP09 is not available in the SAP MI Client patches view from SAP. I could sent it to you via mail if you want.

Cheers,

Bart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Rahul : i have also tried with j2sdk 1.4 it is still not working

Bart : it would be of great help if you can sent me the full MI client SP09 via mail my mail id is gopi.kannappan@gmail.com

Thanks and Regards

Gopi

hbirdie
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi, we are getting the exact same sync error for the first sync

Synchronisation problems: Format of the synchronization inbound file is not supported; Check sync gateway

Did you resolve the problem? What was the solution?

Please let me know, thanks, Helen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helen

The problem was with the Client ,I was using MI 2.5 SP13 when i changed the client to MI 2.5 SP09 (as my server was SP09)it started working properly.

Thanks and Regards

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello gopi,

i think the sp level inconsistency between your client

and mw caused that problem. to use sp13 client, consider

the requirements for your server side components.

see note 838035.

regards

jo