cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

background jobs failing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

ALL our background jobs are failing. When i try to see the log file it says "error reading job log". There are lots of system logs. Please guide me

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check to make sure you have not filled up a partition at the OS level. You might also want to run a consistency check on the TemSe tables in SP12.

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all of you for immediate replies..i checked that my filesystem is full in SYS/GLOBAL..and sm21 & st 22 are showing lots of errors....

Joe i did a consistenncy check in SP12 & i got many Temse Object names which say " Unable to access related file"

What should i do now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you make room already? That should be the first thing.

After that monitor the background tasks to ensure that they restart and then go back to SP12, re-run the consistency check and delete the orphaned entries (note that you may still see some of these if you re-run the consistency check again).

Thanks,

~Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Orphaned entries mean the Temse Object name which showing "Unable to access related file"? Yeah i did make some room and some jobs have started. But i doubt why did my standard jobs did not run yesterday night?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you run SM37, can you go back a day to see if the SAP standard jobs failed? That information should still be there since it is stored in the DB (instead of the TemSe files out on the OS).

These jobs probably all failed because they could not write to those OS based job logs.

You will definitely want to run the consistency checks against TemSe manually since the scheduled jobs that do this may not run until later.

Glad to hear that those jobs restarted!

~Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe

Thanks for your concern bur plzz let me know this Does Orphan job logs mean the temse objects shown with erro " Unable to access related file" because after i ran SP12-->spool consistency check ..it showed me many files with the error "Unable to access related file"

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will want to delete these orphans that are listed to remove the inconsistencies between what is stored in the DB and what has been saved at the OS level. The status of the background jobs was saved but no logs were created.

Is that what you are asking?

Thanks,

~jph

Former Member
0 Kudos

No when i run the spool consistency checy in SP12, i got a biglist of temse objects and all are having .log extension and all are having message as "Unable to access related file". My question is , Do i need to delete all these? are these the orphaned job logs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Check messages in sm21. Check tablespaces in DB02. Also in server check free space (Or check file system monitor in rz20) , the os log check in st06. Are everefing fine ? Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do the following

1.Check if backgr wp are available

2. Check ST22

3. Check SM21

See what these say. They should have a message that applies to all the jobs. Post the message back

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI rajendran selva,

Please check if any dumps are througing and system logs. If you found any logs post log messages. So that we can help you.

Thanks,

Suraj