cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default set of KF in Planning Book?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently working on 'slimming' down the SNP Planning Books being used by us. Basically trying to remove KFs/Macros not relevant to us.

In doing so basically I am trying to make separate books for Production Planning and Capacity Planning. So my SNP Production Planning Book just has the 'Supply Network Planning' indicator ticked.

When I try to remove the KFs not relevant to me (eg: Capacity Planning, TLB, Deployment) and complete the Planning Book and save...when I get back to the design I see that these KFs are back.

Is there a 'Necessary' set of KFs which you HAVE to use when designing? Is there any way I can only use the KFs that are required by me?

We are on SCM 5.0.

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By switching on the planning functions in PB design, there are some key figures mandatory based on key figure functions defined at a planning area level. If you are trying to slim down and do not want to disrupt much, you can consider hiding the keyfigures in dataview design and also deactivating/deleting macros sepcific for those key figures. I dont think there is any additional overhead having nonfunctional invisible key figures in a PB(planning book).

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

Thanks. This brings me to the all important question driving the 'Slimming Dow' of Planning Books. At the end of the day we want performance benefits. So on what does the performance of Planning Books depend...The KF in Planning Book or the KFs in the Data VIew?

I read that SAP suggests to have a max of 20 KF in a Planning Book.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinod/Navin,

I had done what you guys have suggested. I have followed all

the steps that are required. I also tried to craete a new book (Not a reference copy) and tried pulling out the KFs but still I am facing this error.

The moment I activate/Save/Come out and come back in the KFs are back.

Thanks,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhishek Sharma

While deleting the KF from Planning book(KF tab next to planning book tab), the system deletes all the KF in the planning book and you need to choose the necessary KF which you would require from the planning area.

You would be able to view the the KF which are currently in the planning book and can choose the required KF for the data view. Further while deleting the KF from the data view, the system pops up a message " Row KF from macro definition book and data view deleted". You can go ahead by saving it.

Reward Points if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Trust you have removed the KF's from the planning book and the data view and activated the planning book subsequently. Please provide more information.

Regards

Vinod