Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to give full access to SUIM and underlying transactions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the best way to add access to a role for transaction SUIM and all the underlying transactions?

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Easiest way to ensure you get all of the tcodes from the

nodes for SUIm is to select "copy from SAP menu", then expand

"Tools \ Administration \ User maintenance" and select "information

System".

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Easiest way to ensure you get all of the tcodes from the

nodes for SUIm is to select "copy from SAP menu", then expand

"Tools \ Administration \ User maintenance" and select "information

System".

Former Member
0 Kudos

This did not work. I added the menu path using the "From SAP Menu" option, maintained the authorizations and generated the profile. I ran pfud in case I needed to, logged off and back on with the test user.

The role the user has contains the s_tcode "SUIM". The user can execute SUIM but nothing underneath it, meaning none of the reports in SUIM.

Help.

Scott

0 Kudos

When you selected the "Information System", did you expand it so to check all of the tcodes underneath are also selected ?

Edited by: JC on May 26, 2008 1:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I did.

Scott

0 Kudos

So when you check the auth object S_TCODE in the role, you only see tcode SUIM and not other tcodes like S_BCE_68001393 ? I just ran the same thing and there are other tcodes. What do you see in the menu section of the role after you selected the "Information System" from the SAP menu ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

JC, I don't see any of the other S_TCODE's in the role but in the menu I see Tools\administration\user administration\Information System\User\ then a bunch of transaction codes. I am unable to select them from the menu to execute them.

Scott

0 Kudos

So there's a disconnect here - what is in the menu section should also be in the S_TCODE section of the auth object. When you go into the authorizations tab in PFCG - select "expert mode" and then "merge old data". Tell me if the other tcodes are now in

S_TCODE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I tried this but then noticed that in the role, the standard old transaction had been deactivated at some point. All the transaction for suim were contained at that level. By re-activating that part of the object I was able to get the transaction to work correctly.

Thanks for all your help JC.

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

use tcode SUIM_OLD

i am new this forum.if my answer is not correct please give me a suggestion.

thanks in advance,

krishna.B

Edited by: krishna buddha on Jun 12, 2008 9:17 AM

0 Kudos

> use tcode SUIM_OLD

> i am new this forum.if my answer is not correct please give me a suggestion.

> thanks in advance,

> krishna.B

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for that and welcome to SDN!

I was not aware of that transaction, and I don't think it is incorrect, only "called old", not "bad".

Interesting is that it sync's the user tables before running the information system... (see line 151).

Cool! Thanks again!

Julius