cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Tracker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured the Change Tracker appl for Oracle 10g and it runs well on Portal.

Going into functional level now, the end user would want details pertaining to a value for a field. So, for instance, if user wants to see changes for material number 1000. How can he do that?

Secondly, Record field on Change Tracker Appl is meant to be an Auto ID.. correct? If I am viewing the record in Portal and do not know the MDM Auto ID but am aware of the Material Number, how does it help me.

Lastly, is there a way to customize this application?

Help appreciated!

Edited by: Devashish Bharti on May 23, 2008 5:03 PM

Edited by: Devashish Bharti on May 23, 2008 5:04 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Record field of Change Tracker consists of values of all the Display fields present in the repository. In your case only AutoID field will be marked as Display Field.

You can search for Material Number = 1000. For this enable the Change Tracking for Material Number also mark it as Display Field.

To search for Material Number=1000 in the Change Tracker select the table in which field Material Number field exists and then select the field Material Number go to Records field and type 1000 you will get all the records for Material Number=1000.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The simplest way to give the end users access to the change tracking database is to deploy the standard pre-delivered change tracking iView in EP. Unfortunately the change tracking is stored only in a seperate database which doesn't have a front-end via the Console. So in order for someone other than an administrator to view this you should deploy the iView. I've used it in the past and it's not the best approach, so you can always develop a custom iView if need be, but the standard one is quick and easy to deploy.