cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating new Retail client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a retail client in my SAP server( ECC 6.0). The client has lots of problem( Junk client) and I want to delete the client and create a new client.

1) How much disk space should I increase for creating a new client ( Considering Retail business scenarios will be configured and number of users will increase).

2) I want to chek the existing free disk space- T-code OS07. But I not able to figure out what is the difference between the "Physical memory available" and "Physical memory free"- Please let me know.

Regards,

Jitender

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jitender dugar,

1.You can check existing client space using SE38 -> RSSPACECHECK and you will get size of the client and free space available in your SAP system.(Not at OS level). Based on report you can increase disk space.

2. Physical memory available = RAM size

Physical memory free = free available memory (After allocating to process)

You can check the difference in Task manager.

Thanks,

Suraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

1) I have checked SE38 -> RSSPACECHECK and there it asks for table name in one of the field. please let me know what is the table name.

2) Physical free emenory-138192 KB. I dont know whether this is an good figure or not.Can you please dugges what should I do to investigate futher.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Just give * in table field

2. For better performance increase RAM upto 4GB.

Thanks,

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Still I am unclear what do free disk space means.

Does it means the free space in the database- Which can be checked by DB02 or the SAP server free space.

Please let me know in details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

disk space can be checked by T-code OS07 goto detailed analysis menu -> fileSys

size of client cannot be judged with out knowing your amount of bussiness customising will be done

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samrat,

Thanks for your reply. I have checked the filesys, but it gives free space for different directories like /usr etc. Want to know what is the complete percentage of free space right now in the system.

Moreover as i have told you, I will be doing IS-Retail customizing on the client, any idea what should be the client space extra space required.

regards,

Jitender