cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reg: method of answering

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi SDNers,

some people are posting threads with zero forum points an posts more than 400....

so guys pleasa make sure that .... you answer only if they give points to the previous threads.....

here in this forum...some poeple don't have patience to search the SDN for their queries...and directly posting them...and if we are searching it and giving them measns.....they are not satisfying ... they want new answers which will not get even if we search.......

regards

chandrakanth.k

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

I completely agree with you,even though there is a slight correction i would like to make,the 1 points which a person gets for posting a question will not show up in his replies,suppose somebody has posted 100 questions then to see these 100 points we need to go to their Business card and if there he has enabled the "Show forum points option" then we can see those points.

In any of the replies it will only show the points he got for answering the questions,same thing holds for referral points,blogs,wiki etc.

I don't care about points,only thing i care about is when somebody posts a question on SDN,its a request which he/se is making to everybody and there is a way to make a request,if they start posing as somebody who gives order then thats rude

@Ashish

Please read my yesterdays postings in Coffee corner,you will see how rude and unethical people can be

Thanx

Aamir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i don't think this is the place where you come only for points isn't it? If somebody is not giving any points to anyone this means he is not satisfied with your answers and he need more input.

There is only one valid point which is that

- They never try searching in SDN or in Google for simpler question's answers. They just came and post anything and everything rubbish they want.

For logical questions, answers given by us depends upon the experience of the topic and also working knowledge of the topic or general overview. So we guess what will be the answer. In some cases we also try searching if we don't know about that topic and here comes the learning thing. You learn it and share it with person who is posting that it may help you, that is not just copy and paste or any point. If it some how met the person requirement he give you the point.

Anyway it my thinking. Moderators input will be appriciated.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aashish,

here no one is bothered about points.....but bothered about the bold comments which they are throwing.....

if we are not enough on that particular topic means we are searching in sdn and giving answers...........

if not satisfied means leave it......but don't reply that it can be seen by searching in sdn also.....if it is so why can't you search......

regards

chandrakanth

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are refering to some comments, then it will be better to give the threads link here and it will be seen by moderators. Don't take it otherwise, i treat SDN as GOD because i learnt everything from here.

Please edit your post and give the links here to be seen by moderators.

Regards

Aashish Sinha