cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translate text into different languages in Smartfroms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please can anyone help on how to translate text in text module.

Tell me how to translate a text module which is in EN to German

Thanks

Swetha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to use Tx SE63

Regards

Gregory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for replying ,

Any one of u please let me know the step by step procedure in translating text module from source language to target language.

Thanks

Swetha

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again.

Go to SE63, then in the menu follow this path:

Transalation->ABAP Objects->Other Long Texts->FS (forms and styles)->SSF (Sap smart form)

This will transport you for a screen where you can choose the smartform (Object -> field Object Name). Press Enter. If says object not found, it's because the source language is wrong (box below named translation -> field source language --- press F4 to change it)

After this, you'll navigate (after pressing Enter with correct language in source and choosing a correct one in target) to the transaltion screen. You'll have you text elements, original on top, your transalation below.

Hope this helps.

Best regards.

Valter Oliveira.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valter,

That was a very helpful reply i thank you very much .

Can u please tel what would be my source language here .Actually iam creating smart form in English and i wanna translate it into german. I tried with source as english and target as german but still it gives object does not exist.

Please help me on this.

Thanks

Swetha

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where you choose the object name, instead of puting ZSFORM, put Z* and make F4. Will appear Collection * (it's ok), press Enter.

Then will appear a list with all you Smartforms with the original language before the name and after the number.

Use 999999 (ABAP system) has Translation Area.

Best regards.

Valter Oliveira.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes atlast i could see this translation screen.But there is some thing like this

&%TEXT1&

Created by Swetha

&%TEXT2&

hii

&ADDRESS&

FLY HIGH AIRLINES LIMITED

Target text in raw version

&%TEXT1&

&%TEXT2&

&ADDRESS&

Where can i see the german text ???

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

Where is the German text? Nowhere. You are the one who has to write the German text.

&%TEXT1&

Created by Swetha

&%TEXT2&

hii

&ADDRESS&

FLY HIGH AIRLINES LIMITED

This is the original text. &%TEXT1& means text element /E %TEXT1, and so one. Created by Swetha is what you have in your smarform in that text element, right? And FLY HIGH AIRLINES LIMITED is what you have in text element ADDRESS, right?

Now,

Target text in raw version

&%TEXT1&

&%TEXT2&

&ADDRESS& ..... is the target, the translation.

Here, you must include the transaltion like (in PORTUGUESE 😞

&%TEXT1&

Creado por Swetha

&%TEXT2&

Olá

&ADDRESS&

COMPANHIA VOA ALTO, LIMITADA!

Best regards.

Valter Oliveira.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is it so that its me whose going to edit the text into german and then save it and activate?

If i want the system to translate the text that i maintained in english into german wil that be possible here?

Coz i dont know german language and i cannot translate it on my own and hard code it.

Swetha

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

I hope that someone come here and tell you yes, there is a way for the system to automatically translate your English text to a German text. Unfortunatelly I don't know a way. I usually translate Portuguese texts to English by my self.

When you translate some objects in ABAP, the system really pruposes in English or German, but those are hardcoded texts, so it's already in the system. To translate your text, system must have a English-German translator, that I think it doesn't.

Let's wait and see if someone responds to this. Remember that you have online translator in web.

Good luck and if so post here (i'll be watching this thread).

Best regards.

Valter Oliveira.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Valter

Thanks for your responses.

Regards

Swetha.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor