cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Classification - Adding new characteristics in t-code CTBW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We are working with the Material Classification DataSource (1CL_OMAT001). There are only 3 char. in this datasource. I am trying to add new char. to this datasource using 'CTBW' t-code. I selected '0MATERIAL_ATTR' BASIS DS and clicked on Characteristics folder in the left side and clicked on "New entries". When i tried to enter new char. name, i get the error msg - 'Char. do not exist. How to add new char. to the exsting 'Material Classification' DataSource?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Message was edited by: Govind Sehgal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

dd to comunication structure 1st and then add it to datasource. Hope this helps.

Weidong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Weidong,

I am trying to add the characteristics (fields) in R/3 t-code CTBW. I want to know a way of adding new characteristics to the existing Material classification datasource in R/3.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

Sorry, I mixup with BW side. If you want add new characteristics, you have create it 1st in R/3 then add it to the DataSource. In this transaction code, it allows you only add existing characteristics in R/3. If you don't have it in R/3, you can't add it. You can add this by using CL01 to create new class/Chars or CL02 to add new Chars to existing Class Type - in your case material class. Hope this helps.

Weidong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yang,

Thanks for the response. we have 'B_REACTED' and 'RELEVANT_EMI' characteristics in '1CL_OMAT001' Datasource in CTBW. I went to 'CL02' and checked the existing char. in class 'BASE_MATL', class type '001' (i.e. Material Class). But, i don't find 'B_REACTED' and 'RELEVANT_EMI' in this class. Of all the char. i want to add to '1CL_OMAT001', i see some of my char. in the char. name lookup of the char. tab in CL02. I don't see the remaining char. eventhough they are available as fields in some other DataSource.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

...make sure the new classification entries are created in the same client that you are adding to in SBIW.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In reference to u querry, we can add up characterstics in classes (CL01) with material type 001 . Then repeat your exercise in SBIW i.e select '0MATERIAL_ATTR' BASIS DS and clicked on Characteristics folder in the left side and clicked on "New entries". now add thecharactestic that you have added in CLO1.

In case you feel problem plz let me know .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atul,

I went to t-code 'CL01'. But, i do not find any Material Type field.

Thanks